Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2005, 09:23 PM
Yeoman

Default New York City Restaurants

I am spending 3 nights in New York prior to sailing on the Golden Princess Oct.1. I am looking for any help I can get on restaurants. 4500 I am a bit overwhelmed. I am looking for a good Italien restaurant around or not too far from Central Park and a steak and seafood restaurant in the theatre district. Has any one eaten at Patsys Italien restaurant or Ben Bensons Steak and Seafood? Any help would be appreciated. I am also taking a New York City Comprehensive tour that lasts 8 hours. Has Anyone taken this Grayline tour? Please help. Confused. Linda
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Haze

Default Re: New York City Restaurants

The restaurant I am going to reccommend is in the theatre district but it is not Italian.
WE are also going to be in New York catching our Sept 18th cruise. We will be going back to "Ellen's Stardust Diner". We absolutley love this restaurant. It is located at
1650 Braiadway which is Broadway and 51st st. The telephone number is 212-956-5151.
The outside of the retaurant looks like an old fashioned diner. Inside there is a large model railroad layour that runs on a ledge around the ceiling. Each of the wait persons is an aspiring brouadway actour /acrtress. They wait on your talbel and then go to the front of the restaurant and perform a braodway number. along with all this the food is great. General type menue. We have had breakfast and dinner at this restaurant in the past and can't wait to return to it.
Old September 9th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Admiral

Stardust Diner is a fun , very casual place, it is essentially a diner with singing waiters.
High energy , noisy , good NY fun.
Patsy's and Ben Bensons are old time NY "favorates". Patsy's was once a hang out for celebrities like frank Sinatra and has lived on that reputation for 50 years. Ben Bensons
will certainly serve you a good steak with typical NY steakhouse service.
The side streets off Broadway in the mid to upper 40's offer dozens of small to medium sized restaurants on every block, serving any ethnicity of food you can imagine. They cater to theatre goers in that area. 9th Avenue from 42nd street north has 20 restaurants on every block, again serving anything you can think of. Some have open air and sidewalk service. Get adveturous and simply walk up and down, look at a few menu listings and give something a shot.
Old September 13th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Beginner

I suggest you go to chowhound.com and read the threads or post a question of your own to get ideas of what New York food-lovers are talking about these days....it runs the gamut from haute cuisine to diner food....you can just type in"italian" and the "area" you want to eat in and sit back and read what people have to say...you can also check out Zagat's.
The best part of New York is just walking around the neighborhoods and talking to the people. There are not alot of restaurant along Central Park but there are some on the side streets of the West Side, certainly around Columbus/Broadway/Amsterdam.....on the east side you might want to forego the more expensive restaurants on Madison and stick to those around 3rd/Lexington and further east.
If you are in Central Park, relax by the boathouse( near east 72nd street) , where you can have a slightly pricey meal, fast food at a counter behind it, or sit at a table near the outdoor bar by the lake and have a drink and light fare like a cheese and fruit platter.
There are great restaurants in Tribeca, West Village, Soho,Lower East Side, East Village, Chelsea...sodon't limit yourself! Have fun!
Old June 29th, 2006, 11:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cassandra

If you want some cool city skyline sites for dinner, check out the rotating circular restaurant at the Marriot Marquis in Times Square. I think it takes an hour for one complete circular rotation.

I think their website has the menu's and prices. It's going to be pricey, but the views are amazing!

Since the fall of the Towers, there's not too many restaurants where you can get a birds eye view of the city.
Old July 25th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to scapel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda
I am spending 3 nights in New York prior to sailing on the Golden Princess Oct.1. I am looking for any help I can get on restaurants. 4500 I am a bit overwhelmed. I am looking for a good Italien restaurant around or not too far from Central Park and a steak and seafood restaurant in the theatre district. Has any one eaten at Patsys Italien restaurant or Ben Bensons Steak and Seafood? Any help would be appreciated. I am also taking a New York City Comprehensive tour that lasts 8 hours. Has Anyone taken this Grayline tour? Please help. Confused. Linda
Mama Leonie's I remember as a good one years ago. Not sure if it is still functional.
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

I love NYC!!! Graylines is a good tour especially with the Hop-On/Hop-Off option, which gives you the opportunity to see a lot of the city in just a day or two.

One of my favorite Italian restaurants is CARMINE'S, a family style place - they have a location on 44th Street and another on the upper west side - check out their website for information:

www.carminesnyc.com

But you do have the chance to eat in a lot of different locations including Little Italy. I happen to enjoy ANGELO'S: www.angelomulberry.com

But for some of the best dining tips, ask the locals.
Old September 25th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

OMG .... next time I really need to look at the POSTING DATE

Sorry!!!