Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Susan Savaglio

Default New England Cruise 9-18-05, what to wear?

I think that the Northeast still considers white a no-no after Labor Day. What is politically correct cruisewear for a cruise the week of Sept. 18th. Will it probably be pretty cold in Halifax and St. John? We have only done warm weather cruises, so our wardrobe consists of summery, tropical styles.
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Haze

Default Re: New England Cruise 9-18-05, what to wear?

Are you on the NCl Jewel that week? We are and have done this itinery three times before. The best advise I can give you is to dress in layers. They are forcasting a warm fall in the maritime provinces but you never know what the weather will bring.
There will not be a lot of white worn in that area at that time. I usually bring a lot of navy and khaki pants with a lot of co ordianting T-shirts and then at leat one sweatshirt and a jacket. BRing an umbrella just in case. WE have come into Halifax amny times shrouded in fog but I hope that does not happen. The Halifax historic properties along the waterfront at the dock are very nice to visit regardless of the temperature.
I hope this helps.
Old September 13th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Admiral

Susan - its very hot and muggy now in New England. You should pack shorts and t-shirts for daywear, pack your swimsuit. You should also pack lightweight casual pants or capris for cooler days. Pack a sweatshirt, sweater or fleece-for cool days and nights, a lightweight raincoat, good walking shoes.
Bright colors are fine. I would save the tropical prints for onboard.
Old September 13th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Beginner

Hi! I am also going on the Jewel cruise 9/18! ( first-time cruiser though I travelled by the ship across the Atlantic many times as a child)....I checked the weather on:

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/wea...th_america.htm

They say Sept 20, for example , they expect showers and it will be 18 centigrade ( ah! there's the problem - centigrade!)...I translated that to 64.4 fahrenheit ...you can do it on:

http://www.albireo.ch/temperatureconverter/

Hope that gives you a clue as to what to wear! I haven't yet checked the other locales.
Old September 15th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Admiral

Default Weather

Right now it is hot and humid with rain... I would take the umbrella and a sweatshirt. We never know what our weather is going to be in NE... Have a great trip. we love Halifax... and if you need information on the ports write to m
parrotmom@comcast.net