Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Yeoman

Default what was your best tour in saint john new brunswick?

not counting the reversing falls ride that i am not interested in what was the best tour you have done in saint john. or if you did not do a tour what port activity did you do that you really enjoyed? of course i love to shop and eat . this port is the last one for me to decide what to do
( if i want to do anything at all ) and i cant decide what it would be. i have ''' the foot problem ) so i cant do the walking tours i wanted to do. was the 2 hr public bus tour easy to board or how about the trolley?

please help. any tour tips would be appriciated.

thanks alot.
Old July 21st, 2006, 10:28 PM
Admiral

Default Reversing

IF you have back problems do not do the Reversing Falls...but what you can do is take the ferry from the Reversing Falls to the tourist center..The City Market is up the hill on the right... St. John has beautiful old homes, Victorian.. When you decide to go back to the ship.. go back to the tourist area and walk along the way and on the left is a great lobster shack on the left..
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:31 AM
First Mate

thanks parrotmom. that sounds like a good plan.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:37 AM
Admiral

BTW when you arrive inSt. J ohn there maybe a bagpiper or Elvis impersonator.. The Lord Mayor of St. J ohn hands the ladies a rose and the men a pin...and there is a free bus shuttle to downtown.. It's one of our favorite ports.. There is a wonderful story about the people from St. John's.. helping out children and parents involved in a terrible bus accident..and we in the Boston area have a special place for them.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 08:43 AM
First Mate

iv'e heard about the bagpiper and the roses being given out. it sounds wonderful. i cant wait to get there.
Old April 8th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Passenger

If on the ship, look at the tour for Saint Martin from Saint John. It's done by those that live in Saint Martin and is quite low-keyed, but picturesque. Takes you over to a fishing village, and to the sea caves where you can walk on the beach, have a nice lunch at a sea hut and just enjoy nature. V
Old May 10th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Saint John

We did a photography tour. Yes, we did the reversing falls twice to see the difference in the tide. But we also visited the gardens and the markets downtown.
Old July 8th, 2008, 07:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Saint John

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmcaputo
We did a photography tour. Yes, we did the reversing falls twice to see the difference in the tide. But we also visited the gardens and the markets downtown.
We're signed up for the St. Martin tour 5 1/2 hours because I really want to see the caves and the tidal change. Was the photography tour worth the time spent and should I change my tour? Or, continue with what's planned and photo St. Martins and the caves? I like the idea of tagging along w/a photographer (as I'm currently in a photography class), but I've been doing pretty good on my own.

Too many choices, not enough time!