Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Destinations > New England / Canada
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 22nd, 2008, 02:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default FALL COLOR CRUISES MONTREAL TO NY WHAT TOURS TO SEE THE COL

What tours are best to see all the fall colors? We are booked on the Royal Princess in early October for 12 nites, going to all the typical ports. The excursion guides do not really say much about which ones are best for seeing the colors. Thanks for the 411...
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
What tours are best to see all the fall colors? We are booked on the Royal Princess in early October for 12 nites, going to all the typical ports. The excursion guides do not really say much about which ones are best for seeing the colors. Thanks for the 411...
It's not possible to predict specifically "where," and "when" you will experience the best of fall color. My lady friend tried to get me to go for a similar cruise about four years ago. But, i suggested that we just fly to Vermont and travel about. We saw phenomenal color, plus hopped across the border to Southern Quebec to a fancy resort for one night. Then, a couple of years ago we flew to Burlington and rented a car for about ten days traveling about Northern Vermont and Quebec. Again, great color. That was in late September/early October. Since your cruise will be at least partly along the St. Laurence, I'm sure you will see good color at least somewhere along the trip from the ship. However, since the fall color display is dependent upon the weather (and probably other factors) one cannot predict the exact timing.
Old August 7th, 2008, 02:28 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Jeff..
Old September 21st, 2008, 12:44 PM
Familiar Face

YOU MIGHT WANT TO CHECK THE "FOLIAGENETWORK.COM. THEY ISSUE A REPORT BY EMAIL ON WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY THAT GIVES YOU THE STAGES OF THE LEAVES IN ANY GIVEN AREA IN THE US. FOR CANADA YOU CAN USE http://www.bonjourquebec.com - CLICK ON AUTUMN AND THEY WILL ALSO GIVE YOU A REPORT. IT SEEMS THAT IT IS A BIT SLOW GETTING STARTED THIS YEAR COMPARED TO LAST YEAR. WE WILL ALSO BE ON A CRUISE AT THE BEGINNING OF OCTOBER. I'M HOPING TO CATCH THE COLOR SOMEWHERE ALONG THE WAY.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks I will check it out...