CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   New England / Canada (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/new-england-canada/)
-   -   Bar Harbor Lobster Restaurant (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/new-england-canada/373099-bar-harbor-lobster-restaurant.html)

dmaikui April 8th, 2010 09:42 PM

Bar Harbor Lobster Restaurant

We went on the New England/Canada cruise, which was wonderful a few years ago, we ate at a seafood restaurant in Bar Harbor that was on the street facing the water, off the main street and to the right of the pier as you get off the tender. Has anyone else eater there? I am trying to remember the name of the restaurant. It has wonderful Maine lobster, little place but very good.

Parrot Mom April 14th, 2010 07:08 AM

Lobster in bar harbor

It won't make any difference where you have lobster in Bar Harbor as they are all caught off shore in the cold, cold waters of Maine..and couldn't be any fresher. When we were there our request was for lobster and steamers.. and we found a lobster "shack" over the bridge where you pick out your own lobster as to size and shell (soft or hard)... Just remember.. the colder the water the sweeter the lobster...rofl

DeepSpace August 13th, 2010 01:22 AM

We have about 35 days before this cruise and I can taste the lobster already.

Parrot Mom August 13th, 2010 07:10 AM

Lobsters

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeepSpace (Post 1309186)
We have about 35 days before this cruise and I can taste the lobster already.

Can tell you right now lobsters, lobster rolls, etc.. are in full swing here with even the supermarkets offering to cook them up for y ou as y ou do your grocery shopping..Depending on the market they are going for $4.99 to $5.99 a pound and then of course our fresh corn is in..

nctraveler54 August 14th, 2010 08:02 AM

The wife and I are making our first New England / Canada cruise next month, will have to check this out.

Parrot Mom August 14th, 2010 08:26 AM

N.e lobsters

N.E. lobsters are NOTHING like the ones from the Carribean. We pass by the Carribean lobsters on cruise ships..lol Guess we are pretty spoiled up here. Fried clams, with bellies of course are N.E. favorite as are steamers.

dottiel August 30th, 2010 02:39 PM

We ate an awesome restaurant in Bar Harbor that opened at 10:30am. Yes we had LOBSTER for breakfast :)

Dh had a whole steamed lobster and I had a to-die-for Lobster Roll, the best I had ever had!

I believe it was a read building with a white porch that led you to the front door.

Just an awesome place and very friendly folks inside :)

sandyinmich January 16th, 2011 10:57 AM

I ate at that very restaurant when i went to Bar Harbour in October, 2007. I remember the location exactly as you described it, and yes the lobster was fantastic! I don't remember the name of the restaurant either, but it's easy to find since it's so close to the dock.

ruthlessboss January 16th, 2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Parrot Mom (Post 1309490)
N.E. lobsters are NOTHING like the ones from the Carribean. We pass by the Carribean lobsters on cruise ships..lol Guess we are pretty spoiled up here. Fried clams, with bellies of course are N.E. favorite as are steamers.

YES, yes and yes. I speak as a former resident of Maine near the coast.;)

TruckerD January 21st, 2011 12:41 AM

I'll never understand how people can eat and enjoy lobsters. I was even born and raised in "State O Maine" and never acquired the taste for them (don't even like Moxie (Mainers will understand what I'm talking about lol))

Lakers Fan January 21st, 2011 08:58 AM

Restaurant

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmaikui (Post 1285147)
We went on the New England/Canada cruise, which was wonderful a few years ago, we ate at a seafood restaurant in Bar Harbor that was on the street facing the water, off the main street and to the right of the pier as you get off the tender. Has anyone else eater there? I am trying to remember the name of the restaurant. It has wonderful Maine lobster, little place but very good.

I can visualize the restaurant but I can't recall the name .Somewhere in my house is a menu .