CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   New England / Canada (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/new-england-canada/)
-   -   Should I book now or later? RCCL or CCCL? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/new-england-canada/387516-should-i-book-now-later-rccl-cccl.html)

Chimmicat February 6th, 2012 01:30 PM

Should I book now or later? RCCL or CCCL?

New to forum and cruising, but would like to take my Mom on New England Cruise. Is this a popular cruise? Should I book now or closer to September? Is $649 to $750 a good price for a 7 day cruise, I think it might be or perhaps it gets lower. Anyone with experience or input, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mike M February 6th, 2012 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimmicat (Post 1413892)
New to forum and cruising, but would like to take my Mom on New England Cruise. Is this a popular cruise? Should I book now or closer to September? Is $649 to $750 a good price for a 7 day cruise, I think it might be or perhaps it gets lower. Anyone with experience or input, it is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

$649 - $750 is OK for a seven day cruise. What category cabin is it? It's about the top for an inside, good price for an outside and an excellent price for a balcony.

I would book now, especially if you have a preference on location. i.e. Near elevator, higher or lower deck or toward the center of the ship.

Waiting is always a gamble. There is a chance that there may be a cabin available but the cruise may be sold out. It is also a possibility that the price may go up and not down.

I have booked many cruises less than 60 days before sailing and have not had a problem. However, I will "probably" be sailing on the Carnival Liberty in March and the price now is about $200/pp more than when I booked last Summer. I'm glad I booked early on that one.

Take care,
Mike

aerospace February 6th, 2012 01:46 PM

I usually look to pay $399-599 for a 7day.

If your concerned it might sell out go on the website and see how many cabins are showing as available, if there are 200 left your in good shape, if it shows 5 insides left book today.

Chimmicat February 6th, 2012 01:47 PM

Thanks for the input. The low price was on the 2nd floor level with about 8 cabins to pick from. Very limited choices. Other floors are more expensive,so I thought maybe it was a decent price. I really don't know what cabin location is desirable. The above prices were for an inside cabin. Thanks for your time and input.

Chimmicat February 6th, 2012 02:05 PM

Just checked the RCCL site and all those inside cabins are gone! Also the balconie are gone too. Well, this is all a learning process so at least I am getting a feel for things even if I missed the price.

aerospace February 6th, 2012 02:12 PM

Location is all about preference if your prone to seasick pick midship. I usually get the highest level/near the stairs, be on the lookout for being near the laundry room/bar as they can be loud even at night. I've heard the deck below lido is always loud as well as you can hear the deck music/parties going on especially if they hold a midnight buffet and your trying to sleep. Balcony is great if you plan to eat room service breakfast since you get the view, though on a short trip I'd skip it.