Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2000, 08:44 PM
First Mate

Default Norway Condition

For months I have been reading good to excellent reviews of the Norway. Now all of a sudden I have heard nothing good about this ship. Has anyone just completed their cruise and can give us an update: crew, condition of ship, food etc. Am sailing on 12/2 and booked after reading glowing reviews. Now the same people are bombarding the different cruise boards with negative comments. Any positve coments out there?
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2000, 06:52 PM
Fish

Default RE: Norway Condition

Steve,
I can only tell you of our experience, but it was a nightmare! Room was filthy and had broken furniture. Noise from overhead all night. Contacted security, no help from them. Rude waiters on open dining nights. Hotel manager was very rude to us, nothing he could help us with. Food awful and the overall attitude of the staff was quite unhelpful . they must have hated this ship as much as we did. We were so excited to go, went with an open mind, but will never go NCL ever again!
Old September 20th, 2000, 09:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

You might want to checkout the "CruiseAddicts" board. They have some reviews from last weeks cruise.

Everything--good or bad--that I have been reading is not going to influence our next cruise on The Norway. We sail on Dec. 9th for the second time and are quite looking forward to it.

Our Motto: There is no such thing as a bad cruise.....just bad cruisers!

Beth & John
Old September 20th, 2000, 02:10 PM
Fish

Checked cruise addicts and there are no reviews of the norway. Checked travleco.com and the last three reviews where very unflattering!
Old September 21st, 2000, 07:07 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sorry about that.....I meant to say "look on the Message Board". I also found some interesting reading on the CruiseCritics board. Some good/some bad.

I'm beginning to understand the statement---"you either love her or hate her". I am one of the ones who love the Norway but their are many people out there who don't.

Beth
Old September 21st, 2000, 05:54 PM
nick87

I have heard by next year NCL'S fleet will be completely Freestyle ships. I know this might not help you but for future cruises the service should be better.
Old September 28th, 2000, 05:04 PM
First Mate

We were on board in June and had a great time. My review is posted on this site. We did not find the staff rude and our cabin was in great shape. The Norway was the cover story in the last Cruise Travel magazine. It was an excellent article and had some great pictures of the cabins on board. The author addressed the difference in the cabins and a good travel agent will be able to advise you on picking the best cabin for you.
The public rooms were in good shape and the food was also very good, especially in the alternative dining room.
I agree with Beth, there are no bad cruises, just bad cruisers.
Old October 3rd, 2000, 11:12 AM
Warren

"The Norway was the cover story in the last Cruise Travel
magazine. It was an excellent article and had some great pictures of the cabins on board."

Unfortunately, except for the photo of the Sports Illustrated Cafe, the photos used in the magazine are the same ones that have appeared in NCL's brochures for nearly 10 years already!
Old October 5th, 2000, 01:30 PM
Golfforfun

Check the " Cruise Critics Board"-- lot of discussion on the Norway.
Can't understand how there could be so many different views of the ship ---on the same cruise yet.

As someone said-- there are no bad cruises---only bad cruisers. Could be true.
Old October 5th, 2000, 10:06 PM
Fish

My husband , myself and our two kids are wonderful cruisers. However, when we are in a room under the pool with noise all the time, horrible odors, broken elevators, and a staff so unhelpful when you asked the slightest question, I think we have reason to complain. We made the best of our situation of course, loved the islands, but to spend all that money and not get what was represented to us in the brochures and by the NCL reps is misrepresentation. I am glad to know that some of you enjoyed the Norway, but for the 4 of us The Norway was definitely not as we had been told! For this reason we have contacted NCL. Some of our problems I will not even get into on this message board because it was totally unbelievable on how they were handeled. Let me just say that it was a nightmare!
Old November 2nd, 2000, 04:12 PM
Laurie Parker

Steve:
I, too, am scheduled for the 12/2 sailing on the Norway. I've read mixed reviews from a number of sources.Overall, most everything I've come across has been positive. Please let me know if you hear anything specific.

Thanks

Laurie

P.S. Perhaps my new husband and I will see you at sea.