Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 28th, 2000, 03:16 PM
First Mate

Default Norway 3/31

Well here we go again. I just booked the Norway in an S-2 suite on the pool deck, #P112. Anyone out there know these old first class cabins?

If I get a better deal on a different cruise for that time I may change my mind but I really do want to sail the old lady before she disappears to the far east.
Sponsored Links
Old November 29th, 2000, 12:56 PM
KathyH

Default RE: Norway 3/31

Hi Jeff
we stayed in P103 on one cruise. The room is long and skinny, the twin beds in our room couldn't be moved together, that was the only drawback. There's a little sitting area, large closets, big bathroom with tub and 3 large picture windows. The furniture was old, but we loved the accomodations. Have you sailed on the Norway before? She's a beautiful ship. We've also stayed in S021 up on the sky deck. That room has floor to ceiling windows and a huge balcony. Man, that was the greatest. Enjoy your cruise!

Kathy
Old November 29th, 2000, 01:00 PM
First Mate

I've never been on the Norway before and I may not still. I booked this very same cabin last eyar and then decided to concel and sail on the Westerdam instead. Now I've found a better deal on a Mercury cruise the same week.

The things that hold me back, even though I am very attracted to the romance of the ship's history are the stories of over crowding on board, the fear that the food will be no better thanthat I dad on the Norwegian Crown and now the report of the beds not going together. The deck plan doesn't indicate that to be the case.

Thanks for the info.
Old November 29th, 2000, 07:47 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I've been doing some research on the Norway's history in anticipation of our spring cruise. The cabin you selected (P112, S-2 suite) is supposedly quite nice, with large windows and a sitting area. It's also in a great location, which is important on the Norway, especially since her elevators are known to be unreliable.

Just so you know -- the cabins on the Pool Deck are not original to the ship. They are located in an area that used to be a closed promenade for tourist class passengers. In fact, the entire deck was for the enjoyment of the tourist class. The former first class cabins are located on today's Fjord and Olympic decks and parts of the Viking, Norway and Atlantic decks. The Sun and Sky decks were added to the ship in 1990, as were the suites on the Fjord deck. I believe that the suites on Pool Deck and aft portion of Norway Deck were built during the conversion from the SS France in 1980, but I haven't found conclusive evidence...yet.

But, I encourage you to give the great lady a try. As you say, she will soon disappear to the Far East.
Old November 30th, 2000, 09:19 AM
First Mate

Wow, thnaks for the great info about the ship. I had obviously been given wrong info about those S-2 suites being formerly first class.

Its a hard decision to make because that same week we can go on the Celebrity Mercury for about $400 less.
Old November 30th, 2000, 10:25 AM
David Starkey

I too love "old ships" but the Mercury and Celebrity are ten times better than NCL.

I think the Norway is just too "beatup" in some area's of the ship. You can really see her age.

The Mercury is my favorite ship currently sailing and I think Celebrity offers a quality product at a fair price.
Old November 30th, 2000, 02:05 PM
First Mate

Thanks, yes I know about Celebrity having sailed on the Century in a sky suite.

Thanks.
Old March 27th, 2001, 02:04 AM
Henri

Are you going? We are in O 0065.... We have a yacht rented in St John. Let me know
Henrivr@aol.com
Old March 27th, 2001, 02:04 AM
Henri

Are you going? We are in O 0065.... We have a yacht rented in St John. Let me know
Henrivr@aol.com