Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 12th, 2000, 12:06 AM
Admiral

Default Should I take a job with NCL???? Advice please...

Hello all, and thanks in advance for offering your advice. Here is my question..... I have been offered a job with NCL as a "cruise staff" which, as most of you know, is a type of host who is responsible for general happiness of the guests and hosts most of the entertainment events (bingo, trivia, games...etc.). I am excited to have this opportunity because everyone says it is a very very difficult job to get. I have never cruised with NCL, and am curious what some of you can tell me about your experience with the company.

Specifically, did most of the Cruise Staff seem happy in their jobs? Does anyone here have any specific stories they could pass along to aid me in my decision. I am leaning toward accepting the position which would place me onboard the Majesty for four months beginning Jan 14th thru mid May. If I take the position, it may be fun to meet some of you onboard if you are cruising that ship during that time.

Thanks again for the input and wish me luck....

Marc
Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2000, 09:44 AM
rpgpgmr

Default RE: Should I take a job with NCL???? Advice pleas

Dear Marc,
I have cruised with NCL. I also worked the five start hotels for a number of years. The closest experience I can attribute the cruise line staff's attitude to, is that. In a large hotel it is much like a miniature city. There is everything, printing department, electrician's department, etc, etc. This brings with it the city attitude to a degree. Some are very happy in their surroundings, others are working on a career and more focused, some can't wait to dock and run for the hills. I think if you love what you do then go for it. You can't lose. You will also have a nice opportunity to save a large sum of money if you don't spend it all in the ports or gamble or drink too much. It should be a wonderful once in a life time opportunity or perhaps the start of your lifetime career. Hope I could provide a spot of insight.

God Bless,
Don