Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 19th, 2001, 02:44 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to natalie
Default NCL--SKY

We are thinking of booking a suite or 2 connecting balcony staterooms for October on the SKY to Hawaii.
Anyone been on the ship, anywhere?
Been in a balcony suite,etc?
Any info would be appreciated. Especially if you e-mail me at NLRPLR@AOL.COM
We've been on 14 cruises & will answer any questions in return!
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2001, 10:54 PM
tannise

Default Re: NCL--SKY

I'll be on the Sky in just a few weeks. I'll get back to you then. We have a cabin w/balcony on the Norway deck.
Old April 14th, 2001, 02:15 PM
Frank

I sailed the Sky on a western carribean cruise this past winter. She is a very nice ship. I like the Dream better though.

Frank
Old April 18th, 2001, 01:44 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

We're going on the repositioning cruise from Ensenada 4/23 -- I'll post a review when we are back after April 30

Harry
Old April 21st, 2001, 06:46 PM
First Mate

Hi - When are you going - we are booked on the Sky Sept 30 Vancouver to Hawaii in a Penthouse Suite and reviews I have read and people emailed regarding same we are really looking forward to the trip. Have cruised 4 other times. Am looking forward to any Spring reviews of sailings - If you have any questions email me and I'll try to answer them (westsusan@home.com) as I've done alot of research on the Sky and Hawaii. Susan
Old April 30th, 2001, 01:06 AM
tannise

The balcony staterooms are very nice, but not spacious. The balcony is a plus - giving the illusion of more space. The bathroom is small but well designed with plenty of room for cosmetics, etc. There is only one regular plug, so if you need more than one appliance at a time, bring a cord with multiple plugs. There is a full length closet, the other side of the closet is 1/2 length with the bottom being 4 drawers (not very deep) and the in-room safe. There is a small night stand with a couple of shelves, a love seat and small table, vanity with chair, two shelves with one holding the tv. The balcony has 2 chairs and a small table. Just a note, the balcony chairs aren't very comfortable. We brought the big pool towels down to pad them. I thought the food in the Garden Cafe and Great Outdoor Buffet was better than on previous cruises and lines. There is an omlet station and a waffle station as well. The Gala Buffet and Chocoholic Buffet were disappointing. The dining room food was good to outstanding. Presentation was uninspired. The service staff was excellent with few exceptions. We found the service in the Seven Seas dining room to be far superior to the Four Seasons. Don't know why, it's the same menu, but we actually had two meals in the Four Seasons with very bad service. One meal was so bad we walked out after the first course. This threw the maitre d' into a tizzy and he sat us in another section with a better waiter and comp'd 2 glasses of wine. Overall it was a very good cruise experience. Try to ignore "Kelvin" tv. You'll see what I mean when you get there.
Old May 4th, 2001, 12:26 AM
virginia burket

Travel agent called today with a steal of a deal on the Sky We have heard some pretty negitive things about N.C.L. We have sailed Princess 7 times and loved it this is a 23 day cruise so want to be sure Sure would appreciate any infirmation Thanks Virginia