Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2001, 04:10 PM
nick87

Default Norway Cruise

I will be traveling on the Norway this spring for the first time and had a few questions..Is the Norway a freestyle ship or are ncl keeping it traditional? What kind of equipment does great stirrup cay have(jetskiies,water bicycles, snorkels) , and has anyone had the forward three berth cabins on international deck?
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2001, 04:35 PM
Inez Lee

Default Re: Norway Cruise

Hi Nick, I'll be on the Norway 4/29, cann't wait. The rates were great for the spring. They do snorkle on gsc, I think I've seen jetskiies but not water bikes, sorry. It's been over a year since I was last there. I am also interested to know if they have gone freestyle. I hear The Great Outdoor Rest. serves brkfst, lunch and dinner now and that one of the dining rooms is unassigned seating. If I hear anything different I'll let you know.
Old March 23rd, 2001, 06:38 PM
Kristi-Rae

Norway is remaining a traditional ship & will not convert to Freestayle as the Norway will be leaving the fleet in September.

Can't answer your ?s on Great Stirrup Cay as I stayed on board at that stop.

Was in the 2nd most forward cabin on the Pool deck & had no problems w/excessive movement. However, I have to say that I enjoy a ship's movement at night & do not tend to get sea sick (at least on a large ship)

Hope this helps
Old March 24th, 2001, 09:38 AM
nick87

Thankyou for the responses. Does the Norway still have some sort of "elegance" to it or has it turned into a big caribbean party ship?
Old March 26th, 2001, 12:56 AM
intrepid

Nick,

The Norway is remaining traditional, BOTH dining rooms are assigned seating.

At GSC, there are Soft foam floats, large round inflatable rafts, paddle view boats, kayaks, and Kis-Kat Sailboats, also snorkeling, volleyball and table tennis (this is directly from my shore excursion booklet) I remember most of these things from my time there in July, but we missed the island on my trip in Feb.

The Norway oozes elegance in my opinion, but she still knows how to party. There are wild deck parties, a big 60's - 70's nite, salsa nite, and of course the disco. If you like parties, you can find them, if not, there are plenty of places to go that are quieter.

I was just on this great ship in Feb and had a blast, I think I posted a review here. If not it is on cruisecritic. I am hoping to go back in July.

If you have a question or would like me to email you my review, email me at
intrepid_guy@hotmail.com

Take care and enjoy your cruise

Intrepid
Old March 26th, 2001, 12:57 AM
intrepid

Default Re: Norway Cruise review

Yes, my review is about half a page down and it is called

SS Norway Review 2/17-2/24

Intrepid
Old March 26th, 2001, 02:29 PM
pappagene

I just came back from the Norway on Sat. (I already miss her) and they have not instituted freestyle dinning, nor do I think that they will. The private island had all types of toys to play with, most of them you must rent. I rented a party float and also went snorkeling. Just a hint to the wise, plan on getting to the photo shop at least 30 - 45 min. early (like 7:15) to get tender tickets to the private island. That way you will be on the first tender to the island & get the best pick on beach chairs. Also sit on the lower level towards the front, because you get off at the island from a ramp at the front.

The staff onboard were wonderful and most helpful to us, the airline misplaced 3 of 5 pieces of our luggage. One of which contained our formal wear, which we needed on Sunday night. NCL let me rent a tux & shoes for free and help us to locate our luggage. My wife bought a new dress. The only problem we had was trying to find underware for our son who is 11. We caught up with the luggage at St. Martin. We do plan to make a claim this on our trip insurance and get our money back for this and a damaged suitcase.

I don't know about the rooms on the International deck, but this is a good location because almost everything takes place on the Pool and International decks. Also, you will be close to the ice cream station.
Old March 26th, 2001, 04:52 PM
Jim Munkittrick

Nick,
Thanks for asking your questions.....Inez, Krisiti, Intrepid, thanks for the asnwers. We sail the blue Lady mid may and larned a few things with the Q & A.
We pray Norway as not gone the way of the WWF T-Shirt crowd.
Old March 26th, 2001, 07:08 PM
nick87

Thankyou for all your responses to my questions.