Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 15th, 2001, 01:29 PM
Candishell

Default How much are you supposed to tip a Concierge

We just booked an owner's suite on the Norway and we've never had the opportunity to use a concierge before. The only problem is that we don't know what to tip him. We've looked thru the internet but have found nothing. If anyone could be of help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2001, 02:08 PM
Jim Munkittrick

Default Re: How much are you supposed to tip a Concierge

This may be all wrong! But... We have been tipping the Consierge $40 for the week.
We have no idea whether that is good or bad, if we are cheap or over doing it. All I know is that I absolutely LOVE having the service available...no standing in lines! Almost instantanious answers to questions.

Maybe some "experts" will enlighten us both!
Old April 15th, 2001, 10:28 PM
Candishell

Thanks for the info....You tipped $40 for two ppl so I am thinking since we are a party of 4 maybe we should tip $80?

By the way, Jim, I think we are on the same cruise as you are, Norway, 5/13/01.
Just like you, we have been counting the days. 27 days and counting!!!
Old April 15th, 2001, 11:34 PM
Jim Munkittrick

Same cruise..super! We are up top also, not quite your catagory...S018. Say hello on departure day..we will be the two people..me with the grin from ear to ear, my wife will be the one rolling her eyes since she is forced to hang around a middle aged kid all week!
Old April 15th, 2001, 11:39 PM
Jim Munkittrick

PS..my wife says I stiffed the Consierge the last time...should have been about $50 for the week. By the way, you will love Consierge service...let him/her book your tours, make reservations at LeBistro if you plan on that, he/she will make diembarkation a snap on 5/20/01 (I dread the thought of the cruise being over).
Seriously, let's say hi..We sailed the Norway on her inaugraul back in 1980 and this is our goodbye to the Blue Lady.
Old April 15th, 2001, 11:48 PM
Candishell

Maybe we could meet on the second day. Since you have been on the ship before, where would be a good place to meet?
Old April 16th, 2001, 12:11 AM
Jim Munkittrick

Pool side....Sky Deck.....I will be the beached whale, My wife will be the most beautiful 49 yr old(and tiny..5ft tall) woman on the ship. Or knock on our cabin dorr and say hi! S018
Old April 16th, 2001, 12:40 AM
Candishell

We will be sure to stop by and say hello. Look forward to meeting you and your wife.