Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 22nd, 2001, 10:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NCL SKY ..GENERAL INFO

We are considering the NCL sky for our next cruise but have lots on ??. I travelled on NCL many years ago on Norway & 7yrs ago on the Sea. I was not impressed by food or entertainment but I've heard things have changed & the entertainment is really good..it was great on the Norway..We were considering Celebrity Summit but it looks more formal than we want & the only alternative dining is even more formal & costs $25 person extra. We are also considering taking teenage boys 17 & 19 but are concerned they are either too old or too young to enjoy. Any feedback appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2001, 11:55 PM
tannise

Default Re: NCL SKY ..GENERAL INFO

Just returned from a 15 day transcanal on the Sky. Being a longer cruise it was a much older crowd. The daily activities probably won't interest teenage boys (I'm far from a teenager, but they didn't interest me either). There is a video game room, basketball court, batting & golf cages. There are also 2 pools, 4 spas and a spa & splash pool at the bow of the ship. The alternative dining is not necessarily more dressier, resort casual is acceptable. There is a $10 per person cover charge. There is a very nice gym with an ocean view, aerobics room and lots of group athletic activities - stair master challenges and the like.
Old May 1st, 2001, 08:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: NCL SKY ..GENERAL INFO

Mimi, we just back yesterday (after a one day layover in Seattle). I plan on writing a review by the end of the week and posting it here. The entertainment was great! And food was super! All in all, a great time.

More to come later.

Harry