Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Resort Casual??

I'm sailing on the NCL Majesty 5/13/01..New to freestyle..I understand one night is formal?...What do you wear for diner the rest of the nights? When stated "resort casual" , that really could leave it wide open?
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2001, 12:42 PM
Jim Munkittrick

Default Re: Resort Casual??

Understand, I am "old school" so my advise may be way off!
I wear slacks and a golf shirt, my wife wears a sun dress. Boy, if we ever get it backwards dinner will really be interesting.
We have seen everything under the sun. T-Shirts with really offensive imprints, to coat and tie, beautiful dresses to see thru blouses. I would love to know what fashion magazine some folks read!
Most cruise lines will recommend no shorts, or tee shirts. We have seen some folks turned away but there is so much "attitude" today that folks rail that "It's my money, I'll dress any way I want to..."
Keep an eye on your posting, you will probably get much, much better advise from others.
One rule: Don't let anything bother you, enjoy every minute of your cruise!
Old April 25th, 2001, 05:11 PM
SoonerDog

Wendy,

I have to agree with Jim for the most part. It's kind of "understood" that no shorts are allowed in the Dining Room & that guys should wear shirts with a collar, but how strictly this is enforced, I can't say. My wife wears slacks with a nice top, but it certainly isn't uncommon to see jeans. As long as you're dressed tasefully & not sloppy, you'll feel right at home. Now, as for the see-through blouses...Those are always good...just don't tell my wife I said that!!!
Old April 26th, 2001, 11:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on Majesty April 8-15. Here is what was directed regarding evening attire. I never really heard anything announced regarding attire but this was listed each day on the respective day's Cruise News paper that you receive the evening before:
Sunday (arrival day): Resort CAsual
Monday (at sea): Resort Casual/Optional Formal)
Tuesday : Island/Resort Casual
Wednesday: Resort Casual
Thursday: 50's & 60's/Resort Casual
Friday: Resort Casual
Saturday: Resort Casual

Also this blurb was printed in the Cruise News:
Evening Attire: No shorts, t-shirts, blue jeans or beach wear after 5:30 pm in the main dining rooms, Le Bistro or in the Royal Observatory.

I think this is pretty self-explanatory, as to what you can and cannot wear, but as was posted above by Jim, just about anything goes except of course, nudity! Just don't expect to come right out of the pool dripping wet and make an appearance in one of the fancier dining rooms! You can however wear anything in to the buffet dining room which is way less formal than any of the dining rooms. Also, common sense can be used as well.