Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 17th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to maryann
Default Shore Excursions - Opinions?

Hi Everyone

I was looking for some recommendations/opinions on some of the shore excursions we were thinking of...(and any alternate ideas) We are mostly interested in snorkeling, water activities.

1.Belize - NCL - Dive In/Shark Ray Alley & Deluxe Resort (8 hours)
I've also looked at a couple independent tour operators - www.startoursbelize.com and through Jaguar Paw.

2. Cozumel - we weren't going to do an NCL excursion here. We were considering Arrecifes for a 1/2 day snorkel trip and then going around town the rest of the time.

3. Cayman - We've booked Capt. Marvins from 10-1. We wanted to hit the Rum Cake Factory and just sightsee in the extra time.

4. Roatan - Either the (NCL) Dive In/Tabyana Beach (4 hours) or the (NCL) Tabyana Beach Resort (4.5 hours). I really couldn't find anything else independent that we liked. I saw on the paperwork that the Tabyana Beach Resort excursion said you could snorkel from shore - is it better to take the Dive In excursion so you're further out?

Anyway - thanks for any ideas. Sorry for all the questions, I drive myself crazy micro-managing our vacations. :-/

Maryann
Sponsored Links
Old June 12th, 2001, 01:29 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Shore Excursions - Opinions?

DId you get any responses from your post?

Re; Roatan-- the Tabyana beach trips are the same with t he inclusion of snorkeling on one of the excursions. THe dive in part includes the equipment rental and some guy on the beach telling you where to go and how t o use the equipment- that was the only difference when we were there around a year or so ago. You get on the same vans and go to the same beach. There is great snorkeling off that beach-- there is no need to go any further out. THe ride out ther ewas a little scary-- but I think they have improved the roads by now-- you get a real scenic trip out-- You can leave whenever you want-- vans leave every few minutes, it takes a while to get to and from the beach. The 4 hour thing is not accurate-- you could be there longer or shorter if you wanted to. There are lockers and restrooms and a small place that sells some crafts. They warn you about using an insect repellent-- i wasnt bothered.

THis is basically a private resort that NCL bought-- the scuba trip stops here for lunch too-- If you have been on a private island on a cruise, that is what this is like-- ship food, etc.

If you are wanting to do something on your own, when we were there a couple we met went to Salt and Pepper beach ( i think) the staff recommended it--

have fun-- hey planning is half of it!

BARB