Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2001, 01:02 AM
Boatsie

Default Sky Questions

Anyone who has sailed on the Sky in the last month or so...can you please tell me if they converted the Horizons Dining Room to a $10 per person Dining Room (now making 3 dining rooms where you pay)? I heard this was going to happen in March or May of 2001. Also, are there robes in the balcony (BC) suites? (Don't think the robe-thing is is likely, but read about it on another board)
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2001, 05:56 PM
Rich & Kathy

Default Re: Sky Questions

We were on the Sky 1 week ago. Yes, Horizons is now an alternative Italian restaurant with a $10 pp charge. It is a lovely room but the service and food wasn't anything special beyond the dining room. But the room was definitely quite lovely and romantic.

We also had a BC and there were no robes. We were pleasantly surprised to see the welcome aboard bottle of champagne.

We loved Freestyle and the Sky. This was our best cruise yet.

-- R&K
Old May 22nd, 2001, 04:20 AM
Melody Virding

Just back from Alaska on the Sky last week and yes, there are now THREE pay dining rooms (all at $10.), including Horizons....I was a little bothered by this---one is okay by me but when you start getting to three that takes away some options...we ate at Horizons, thought the caesar salad was excellent but the rest of the meal not worth the extra money
Old May 22nd, 2001, 01:50 PM
Bob Forsberg

Does anyone know any news about the Sky mishap, described on the 800 number of Norwegian Lines as 'the ship turned or spun around, and a number of people were hurt". I am trying to find out for a friend who has relatives on the ship.
Thanks for any news. -- Bob Forsberg, San FRancisco
Old May 28th, 2001, 03:24 PM
tannise

We were on the Sky 4/8-4/23, yes all three alternative dining rooms charge $10/pp. We only tried LeBistro and I was not impressed. The service wasn't better than the traditional dining rooms. The goat cheese salad was very good, the filet mignon was overcooked and not the "filet" that I know and love. A filet should be a couple of inches thick and small in diameter. These were thin - just not the same! Our waitress seemed over worked. and rushed. The maitre d' attempted to seat us just inside the door near a bus stand. We felt like we were on the outside looking in. We asked for another table and were accommodated.

We were in a balcony room on the Norway deck. We had 2 NCl robes waiting in the closet, a bottle of Blanc de Blanc champagne was chilled and waiting, along with a bowl of fresh fruit. The cabin steward replenished the fruit throughout the cruise. We also were not charged for the Evian and Pelligrino that was also replenished throughout the week.

I think the food in the dining room was better than Carnival and RCI, the alternative dining in my experience was not worth the additional charge. P.S. the balcony chairs are not comfy.