Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 20th, 2001, 05:26 PM
JLynd

Default Unbelievable cabin upgrade!

My daughter and 3 of her college friends are sitting in the Venus suite (owner's suite) on the Norway right now after originally booking a category K cabin (B012)in the bottom of the ship! This is a long story but I know all of the cruise addicts out there will want all of the details. Last October my daughter asked me to help her figure out a trip that the girls could take "someplace tropical" for under $1,000 each. The first thing that I thought of was a cruise but one of the girls is not 21 and most of the lines would not let her go without a 25 year old. I called a local travel agent to see if they could go on any of the lines. She did some research and found out that they could go on Norwegian and she had found a deal on the Norway for $550/pp. The girls thought this sounded great so they took the offer.
A week before the final payment was due the travel agent called to say the girls could move up to a category G oceanview (A069)for $25 each. They took the upgrade and made their final payment.
Last week the travel agent called again - they were offering the girls an Owner's Suite but it would cost them $200 each to upgrade. They turned down the offer because they couldn't all come up with that much money on such short notice. The next day the travel agent called back - NCL had cut it to $100 each and the travel agent said she would give up her commission dropping it to $88 each. This time the girls took the offer.
My daughter called me this afternoon to let me know they were sitting in their suite drinking champagne!! I can't wait until they get back to hear all about it! I want to thank the travel agent - Theresa with Simply Cruises in Saint Louis, MO!
Sponsored Links
Old May 20th, 2001, 07:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Unbelievable cabin upgrade!

What a nice bonus!! The girls will spoiled that's for certain. If they want some entertainment, I can fly out and meet the ship..

Regards,
Kuki
Features Editor
<Join us on a CruiseMates Cruise.. here's how:
<http://www.cruisemates.com/Articles/CMcruises/CM-cruises.cfm>
Old May 22nd, 2001, 09:23 AM
First Mate

Would love to have that agent's number... sounds like she really is on top of things!!!
Old May 22nd, 2001, 11:22 AM
JLynd

I am more then happy to provide - her name is Teresa Rode and her number is 1-888-367-9398!
Old May 29th, 2001, 07:31 PM
Mary Lou

What a great deal!!! The only problem is now these girls will be spoiled! I hope they know how lucky they are and I'm sure they are having a great time.
Mary Lou
Thursday Chat Host