Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2001, 02:45 PM
Admiral

Default NCL Dream

Has anyone been on the Dream lately? Have done only 2 NCL cruises (Leeward which was horrible, and Norway 3-day which was ok).

Am looking at the Dream for 3/17/2002 from Santiago to Miami, great itinerary but very unsettled about the ship. I'm used to Princess and Celebrity.

Any comments? Food?
Sponsored Links
Old August 26th, 2001, 01:35 AM
Parker

Default Re: NCL Dream

I'm booked on NCL Dream Mediterranean 10/27. Great itinerary, but I share your concerns. Pretty sure it's not going to be Princess or Celebrity.
Old August 26th, 2001, 12:46 PM
Passenger

Stay with Princess or Celebrity, NCL as a line stinks since being bought out. Freestyle dining is anything but.
Old August 26th, 2001, 05:22 PM
clarkdee

hope not--we will be on the WIND in Asia--have done HAL & Celebrity but my husband is looking forward to no tie and jackets! With Long days in ports sightseeing it will be nice to eat when we want
Old August 27th, 2001, 10:33 AM
Passenger

Yeah, if only it worked that way, most people like to eat around the same time, we had long lines. They started taking reservations and those without them were seated at the back of the room. The fact that the ship was fully booked did not help either. Plus the menu did not change with the exception of an entree or two. Appitizers were always the same. Very poor food for a cruise line.
Old August 27th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to LuLu

I was on the Dream a year ago and will sail with her again inFeb. from Santiago to Buenos Aires. I am looking forward to being on her again. Had nothing but wonderful comments about the first time on her. I hope that the open seating, etc. hasn't hurt. Does anyone know if it has?
Old September 1st, 2001, 07:45 AM
Frank

Will be on the Dream over Christmas and New Years. First experience with Free Style was in June on the Sea to New England and Canada a few kinks have to be worked out but otheriwse was ok From the old school and like to dress and the bonding with the wait staff but things do change In July we were on the Ren VIII only about 100 pasangers and they have the free style worked out very well as they started the idea of eating whenever and casual dress.
As I have always said there is no such thing as a bad cruise some are better then others but all are good
Old September 3rd, 2001, 11:30 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to LuLu

Thanks for the info. From all the critiques I have read, I would say that you either love NCL or hate it. I am fortunate that on all the trips with this line I have never had a bad experience. I have been on other lines and have had both good and bad. I think that is the way it always is. LULU
Old October 3rd, 2001, 06:59 PM
Aleyun

The Dreamward used to be a wonderful ship. But since Carnival Cruise Lines and Star Cruises bought the cruise line, it now stinks.

Half the crew are upset over the new changes, and the other half could care less. Seems everyone lost their sparkle since Clause the Hotel Director was re-assigned.

Everyone used to be a family onboard and we had the best times. We just came back from a cruise on the Dream and were highly dissatisfied with the service, that so-called freestyle dining sucked.. it was awful.

Go elsewhere if you want to have fun.
Old October 5th, 2001, 01:23 AM
jayzee99

Hey Cruiseaholic: Is that you John? We were on the Crown Princess transatlantic in August 2000 with you if it is you. (We're from Maryland also).
We took the Dream last August on the Baltic Capitols/Scandenavia Cruise. Very good cruise and ship and it will undergo enlargement of eating areas in April which will correct the only complaint we had. Email me if you need anyother info.
mrlndr@aol.com

Steve