Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2001, 07:58 PM
First Mate

Default NCL Management

We were on the cruise that went nowhere because the US Coast Guard pulled the ships operating certificate because of major faults with the fire protection system.
The working level people on the ship provided excellent service during the trying time while the cruise line management tried to figure out what to do.
Cruise line management did a horrible job of keeping people informed. If it had not been for the CNN reporter stationed at the dock we would have know very little.
We did re-book while still on the ship and senior level management who was on the ship at the time, said they would take care of us because it was obviously their fault the ship did not sail. It is now 3 months later and we are still fighting with the cruise line trying to re-book our cruise. They have done absolutely everything wrong in handling our situation. They have no concept of how to provide good customer service.
The bottom line is we will never take another cruise on a NCL ship and we strongly recommend everyone seriously consider booking on any other cruise line, if you want to enjoy a good cruise experience.
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2001, 10:24 PM
First Mate

Default Re: NCL Management

Hello Larry

Just curious as to which NCL ship you were on - We recently sailed on the Sea and had an extremely poor experience with the Kids Program and serious plumbing problem in our room and on board. I had my story on this sight but for some reason it has disappeared. I have been in constant contact with NCL regarding my complaints - Actually have a file # and can only hope for the best before we chose to take this to next level with our attorney. Good luck to you with your situation - I can honestly agree that after my experience I do not plan on cruising NCL again.
Old August 27th, 2001, 10:33 PM
First Mate

I apologize - my story is still on this phorum - it disappeard on cruise critic
Old August 28th, 2001, 12:23 AM
Passenger

You are absolutely right about NCL. They provide a sorry service for a comparable price to other lines. How they get repeat business is beyond me. You were obviously on the Norway. The maintenance on NCL ships is obviously substandard in the case of the Norway. Granted, it is an old ship, but it has such a past one would think that it would be better maintained than that. It is a good thing that the coast guard refused to let it sail with the problems it had. However, the way that NCL treats its passengers is another matter. We had a bad experience on the Wind with a shore excursion and that was that for us. Sure, a great itenerary is great, but what is it worth when accompanied by bad service, food, and shoddy shore excursion companies. I know that NCL does not control the actions of their shore excursion partners, but the problems we had were outragious, and when we as a group complained, it was noted that none of the shore excursion crew had EVER checked the operator out. Needless to say, that made my mind right then and there. NCL is a joke and I can only hope that they get bought out again and their ships sold off to the highest bidder. Maybe they were better before being taken over by Star Cruises. Where are they out of? China?