Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2001, 12:42 PM
ruthers

Default Dream....Baltic Ports in summer 2002

I'd like some feedback from anyone who took the 2001 summer Baltic cruise.
I'm a little concerned about the reviews I've read as of late, especially the food and
service aboard the Dream. Thank you in advance for your comments.
Sponsored Links
Old September 5th, 2001, 06:08 PM
clb

Default Re: Dream....Baltic Ports in summer 2002

I am not a cruise expert but we did take the Baltic cruise in June. My expectations were low when we arrived in Dover, thanks to some negative opinions I had read. We decided to take the trip based on the itinerary. After we booked it I started to read about the ship and wondered what I had done!
Of course we had a great time. The food was good and the service was really outstanding. I can't think of even one thing to complain about. We loved every minute. It was myself, my 11-year-old son and my mom. My mom and I are going on the South America cruise in January. Once again the itinerary is amazing. Good luck deciding!
Old October 5th, 2001, 06:29 PM
jayzee99

Dear Ruthers:

I agree with the previous poster. We did the Baltic cruise in August and were very pleasantly surprised. I have come to the conclusion that the negative reports came from people who are used to cruising on Crystal and Seabourne lines. It was my first NCL cruise (I have been on 15 cruises) and I knew I would have a good time because " I LOVE CRUSING". Some food is betterr and some is worse as it goes with entertainment. We found the food very good- the entertainment very good- the ship very good and the cruise personnel excellent. Don't pay attention to the complainers (unless you are a Seabourne or Crystal Cruiser - ) . You will have a great trip at a great price. GO FOR IT!!!

Steve
mrlndr@aol.com
Old October 6th, 2001, 01:26 AM
Tak

Thanks, Steve
Nice to hear you had a good time on Dream. Like you, I was on over 10 cruises( 5 cruiselines) before trying NCL Sea this summer. We happen to enjoy the time saved on getting ready for dinner, and the flexibility of dinner hour, which becomes very important for a port intensive baltic sea itinerary. We envision not having to rush to be ready for 6pm sitting. While onboard NCL Sea, we booked Baltic for Aug 2002, and after reading the positive comments, we are geting more excited about it. I have heard enough people complain on all the cruises I've been on, that I take it with a grain of salt. I also booked an outside cabin, and have one question: where does the chair and little coffee table go when the third bed is being utilized?