Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2001, 05:35 PM
Passenger

Default norwegian star has been delivered

It has been handed over to NCL and is in sea trials
Hope you enjoy the picture
Matt

Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2001, 05:36 PM
Passenger

Default correction

the picture on the bottom is from when it was delivered.
Old October 4th, 2001, 11:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: norwegian star has been delivered

Thanks for the pictures .... they are great and gives a person a view of loction/where their cabin will be.
We are booked on the Maiden Voyage thru the Panama Canal, Nov. 19th cruise, and are starting to really look forward to it.
We have some concerns about FreeStyle this and that but that may make the cruise more interesting.
But I will say, their Freestyle tipping is not my idea of what tipping is all about. And yes, I know, staff works very hard but reading what other people have endured, it really makes a person wonder.
At any rate, we plan to have a great time.
This will be our 2nd Panama Cruise this year (HAL Ryndam in April) and our 3rd cruise over all.

Keep those pictures coming ... looking forward to some actual cabin pictures and size / accomadations.

Dick ... from Westport
Old October 5th, 2001, 11:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

Dick,
I too am excited to see more pictures. I am on the 1/13/02 cruise, probably like the 5th or 6th cruise. What category are you in? Right now, I am in G. I want to see how much of an "obstructed view" it is so hopefully we get some pictures from someone soon.
Old October 5th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Passenger

We are in Cat. BD ... Forward, Portside, quite close to the elevators. It should be an interesting location for us. Our prior cruise cabins have been mid ship and we are wondering if we will have more noise/rocking.
Plus we are some what concerned on the cabin size for a 14 day cruise.

Will post some comments after our trip. : )
Old October 5th, 2001, 07:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Please do post, I am really interested, this being my first cruise and all. I hope we get upgraded to your category, this is our honeymoon trip even though we got married a little over 1 month ago.
Old October 6th, 2001, 03:31 AM
Debra Jessup

Dear Shelley,
Good Luck with your up-grade! My husband and I are on the Star sailing Dec. 16th holding a BB cabin midship. Yesterday I received a phone call from NCL asking me if I would like to up-grade to AF Mini Suite. At first the price was 180.00. I did not jump at the chance and the price came down. I told the operator that I would ask my husband a get back to her in the morning. They called late in the afternoon. By the next morning, we had decided to go for it. I called back and they were sold out. Of course, I could have a Penthouse for $500.00 (each).
I'm very disappointed that I didn't commit at the time of the phone call. I guess next time I will know better. Of course, they said they would call if something became available before the sailing. I would have thought they called so late to closing time that something would be available at 7am the next morning. If you get a call for an upgrade, don't think twice like I did, BOOK IT
I would also like to see some cabin pictures. I'm tired of looking at my drawings for almost a year. Hope you enjoy your cruise!
Debra
Old October 9th, 2001, 11:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks Debra. That advice is well taken. Only problem is that we are on the same deck as our group right now. We are going with 10 other people, although they have an inside cabin while we have an outside right now. I would probably take the upgrade anyway!
You are sailing on my birthday, I wish we would have taken that cruise! Oh well.
Old October 9th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Warren

An upgrade isn't an upgrade if they charge you for it. There is usually only a $50-100 difference between categories anyway at time of booking. The best thing to do is book the category that you really want within your budget. If you get a free upgrade - and by that I mean a larger cabin, not just the same cabin on a higher deck - then all the better. If you don't get upgraded, then there's no disappointment.

Warren