Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 9th, 2001, 01:11 AM
First Mate

Default Need some helpful hints

My husband & I are taking our maiden voyage in about 10 days, on the Norwegian Dream. We were given the opportunity to upgrade to a "deluxe stateroom with balcony" and now we also have concierge service available to us. I am not sure about the tipping policy for their services since this is a "freestyle" ship. I also would like to know what time is the best time to eat dinner (and avoid the crowds).. We normally dine early, but would like to know if later is better. And if anyone has styed in the AC stateroom catagory, how much closet drawer space is available. Thank you for your help
Pat
Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2001, 05:41 PM
Jim Munkittrick

Default Re: Need some helpful hints

Tipping for the Consierge is based on how much you use her services. If you have her make dinner reservations for you at the specialty restaurants, if you have her handle your shore excursion bookings. If you participate in the bridge tour (with tight security, some ships have cut out the bridge tour), if you participate in the galley tour...then a gratuity at the end of the cruise is in order.

Bon Voyage!
Old November 13th, 2001, 04:47 PM
Parker

Default Re: Need some helpful hints

Just returned from 10/27 sailing. $10 per day was added to the bill to handle tips for the dining room waiter, his assistant, and the cabin steward. If you don't want to handle it that way, they will remove or change it. The ship was about half full, so there was never a wait for a table in the evenings. There were 2 dining rooms that served the same menu and an Italian Tratorria. In addition the Sports Bar had a different theme buffet every night. Did not try the Le Bistro dining room inasmuch as there was an extra charge and the other choices were very satisfactory. If you have any other questions, let me know.