Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2001, 09:59 PM
Helen and Ray Carlson

Default Free Style Dining

My husband and I have cruised on NCL numerous times. We much prefer the seated dining for the evening. Our last cruise took us to the souther Caribbean and we had to repeat the same information every evening, and no one really cared. Finally, we requested a table just for the two of us.

What I would like to see is a choice. If you prefer freestyle dining, assign a dining room for that.

For those of us who prefer assigned seating, have a dining room for that. People whom we have talked to agree with us.
Sponsored Links
Old December 6th, 2001, 01:08 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Free Style Dining

What you are describing is the Personal Choice dining on Princess.
Perhaps you should look into Princess.
Happy Cruising
Old December 6th, 2001, 07:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

I agree with Bill, try Princess. NCL only has freestyle but Princess has exactly what you are describing. Why don't you try them for your next cruise.
Old December 7th, 2001, 02:28 PM
First Mate

We were on the NCL Sky for 10 days to Hawaii in October. The second day we found a waiter that we like and asked to be seated with him at our evening meals. They gave us a specific dining table and time, no problem. But Princess also has a great plan on most of their ships. The older ships are not doing the Personal Choice dining yet. But don't give up on NCL just because of that.
Old December 23rd, 2001, 06:27 PM
Wen

The Freestyle dining on the Star during the Canal trip was a real mess. The first few nights everyone tried to get into two dinning rooms with less that 800 seats. (2200 + passengers) One "premium" dining room litterally never had anyone in it for two weeks. I'm sure they have it ironed out by now, but the passengers weren't happy on this cruise.
Old December 31st, 2001, 12:09 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Free Style Dining on NCL Star

We were on the NCL Star on the first sailing from Honalulu on 16 December and it was not much better. The Freestyle Dining was a mess. The Aqua and Versaille were always crowded and had a line of people waiting in front of the elevators or on the stairs. Our last night out we waited 45 minutes for a table at the Versailles.
Soho was easier to get same day reservations. We paid $35.00 for dinner and the food was good and the service was great.
Overall just about everyone I talked to was not happy with the Freestyle dining.
I was wondering if they made any changes for the second sailing on 23 December? I hope so.
Old March 24th, 2002, 11:29 AM
First Mate

Do they have freestyle dining on the Norway? Some say yes and some say no. Whats the latest. We are on her May 5th.

Thanks

Vickie