Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2001, 05:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to Bob
Default New to cruising -Service on NCL?

I will be cruising on the Norwegian Sun to the West Caribbean. I was wondering if I can get a couple of clothing items pressed after unpacking, without alot of hassle and expense. Any other general advice for a "newbie" is welcome, too. Thanks to all of you for so much information. I have enjoyed reading your comments. Happy cruising!
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2001, 06:48 PM
Passenger

Default Re: New to cruising -Service on NCL?

Yes ,you can get your clothes pressed,but nothing on board is cheap.Hey,just go with the flow and meet as many new friends as you would like.Also those trays of drinks they carry around when you first get on,they are not FREE.
Old December 19th, 2001, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

The first bit of advise would be to pack your suitcase and then take out 1/2 of what is in there. You won't need all of it. I have never run out of clothes. We always pick up some new things to wear while on the cruise. During the day it is shorts, t-shirt, and swim suit. business casual or formals at night. We always overpack and probably will on out cruise in Feb. Don't forget the film. The last cruise I went on, back in march, I took over 400 pics with my digital camera. The first cruise we exposed 10 - 12 rolls of film and still didn't get all the beauty of the trip.

Happy sailing

Gene
Old December 22nd, 2001, 09:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Janet

We were on the 12/8 cruise and it was our first. I would advise you to bring a travel iron. The only way to get your clothes pressed is to send them out or steam them in your bathroom. Take Gene's advise and unpack half of your clothes. Dinner is business casual, but you can go formal if you want. There is one captian's night were alot of people dressed very formally. They did have photographer's doing the portrait thing and you can have your picture taken with the captian( at a charge of $24.95 if you like the picture). Make reserveration's at the Le Bistro and LeAdagio, both are worth the $10 cover charge. Also, word of advise, Sunday is the captain's dinner so have dinner at the Four Seasons or Sevens Seas. The menu is great. On the last night book any alternative resturants at least one day ahead, early as possible. All resturants are packed that night. Hope you have fun.