Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 18th, 2001, 10:23 PM
Passenger

Default ncl sun Penthouse suites

coul someone comment on the penthouse suites on the ncl sun!?
Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2001, 10:42 PM
BEAV

Default Re: ncl sun Penthouse suites

We sailed in a category AC penthouse on the Sun. These suites are at the rear of the ship, which we love. There is a living room, separate bedroom, and wonderful bathroom. We enjoyed the roomy accomodation on the 12-day voyage to Canada/New England.
Old March 21st, 2005, 01:08 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: ncl sun Penthouse suites

We are scheduled on on the NCL SUN in suite AD. I have read that Butler and Concierge Available but no detail of what this entails.
I know what a butler does but what perks are we getting on this cruise because of the suite we are in. I have not seen any pictures that shows a what a AD Suites look like. I have noticed a $10.00 a day per person but if I have a butler, is that $10.00 given to him?
Are we exempt from being charged this $10.00 a day if we are paying the butler separately . I have found it hard to find information on this. why the big secret?

If anyone has travelled on the SUN in an AD suite. I would love to hear any details you have.
Old March 28th, 2005, 07:58 PM
mizboog

Default Re: Re: Re: ncl sun Penthouse suites

I just returned from the Sun 3/26. We were in an AC Suite at the rear of the ship. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!!! I'm going out to buy a sound machine since I miss the sound of the wake at night. We left the doors open every night. As for the tipping, the concierge and butler are NOT included in the $10 tip you will be charged on your account. I tipped both up front and then at the end according to how often I used them. I didn't use the butler much, but Ray Williams, the concierge was worth every penny! VIP tender tickets, priority embarkation/disembarkation, etc. Any questions, I'll be happy to answer. Now back to my post cruise laundry!
Old March 29th, 2005, 05:18 PM
shoreguy

Cruise#5

I was in an AD last summer. You are in a suite with extra service you get to pay more. The $10 covers the cabin attendents and your waiters in the resturants. The butle for the most part replaces room service. You can have any meal form any resturant served in your room. All the Menus are in the suite.

You will be expected to tip in cash the Butler and Concierge based on the services you recieve. Think in terms of 100-300 dollars for the suite. It will be worth it. Think interms of a hot breakfast served on a tablecloth with nice glasses while others are eating a cold bowl of corn flakes in their cabin.

I was in 8002 and you could park to cars on the balcony The bath and dressing area waas bigger then a standard cabin. Marble sinks, whirlpool, sperate shower. A great cabin with the same view as the Webcam.

Lots of info online you just have to check all the sites, Here is a very long link to some photos of an AD I hope you can use it

http://www.hpphoto.com/servlet/com.h...71682196780782

Google ncl and shoreguy I have links in other posts to my pictures from the sun.
Old March 31st, 2005, 08:00 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: ncl sun Penthouse suites

Shoreguy,

I just saw those pictures and they look wonderful. Cannot wait.... 182 days and counting! Thank you for all the information. We will be in 9202. I do not know if there is much difference

Thank you again for the information. Cruiser#5,
Old April 3rd, 2005, 07:56 PM
Tomcp

Are the suites in the front of the ships very windy when the ship is sailing? Have booked a suite on the 12/18/05 sailing.
Old April 3rd, 2005, 11:31 PM
shoreguy

Tomcp

It depends on the wind direction. I was able to use mine every day in Alaska. The front of the ship is sloped driving the wind up and over. You can always sit out there since the wall is about 4' high.

One thing you don't want to do is open the suite door when the balcony door is open. You thought that was exciting in a normal balcony chairs were rocking and every piece of paper exited the cabin in seconds.

If it was unusable why would the put the owners suites in the front of the ship.
Old April 12th, 2005, 07:58 PM
elshnig

Book a penthouse on deck 8 7/24. I asked about the wind and they said there was no problem as the deck wall cuts a great deal of it. I only hope this is true.
I am hoping to take full advantage of the concierge and possibly the butler service. What would be the approximate cash tip for each service they may provide? Thanks ahead of time.