Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2002, 12:46 PM
Ned Jensen

Default disembarking & early flights

My cruise will end at San Juan, PR on 2/10/02. The ship docks at 7am. I found that tickets on flights leaving SJU after 10:59am are considerably more expensive than those leaving at or before 10:30. Also no one wants to tell me what is the earliest flight I can make. Could I safely make the 10:30am flight ?
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2002, 02:41 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to jon
Default Re: disembarking & early flights

Just got off the Star in Honolulu less than a week ago. We had air arranged by NCL and it was a 10 AM flight. THe Star docked in Honlulu at 7 AM also. We were off the ship at 8 AM, and left the pier on a chartered bus to the airport at 8:30 AM. Made it just in time. Cut it very close. It's totally up to you, but for sure you will probably be the first off the ship.
Old January 5th, 2002, 03:32 PM
abonds

Default Re: disembarking & early flights

There's a reason why those flights are considerably more, caus' they know cruzers don't have much choice. I posted a similiar question(we doc at 7:30am, can we make an 10:45am flight) on the NCL cruise critic message board, replies were: risky, I wouldn't chance it, don't book before lunch, way to risky with the security now, be at the airport at least 2 hours before flight time. So, we booked for 1:30pm. If you are a stresser, I say don't do it. What I mean is that you don't want to spend your relaxing, cruzing, vacationing week thinking ....Am I going to make the flight?? If you are easy going and willing to spend time in an airport for standby, GO FOR IT.

Have fun! We'll be right behind you ---Norway 2/17/02
Amanda