Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 16th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Dorine McCarthy

Default Mediterranean Cruise

This is to anyone who will listen to my tale of woe. My husband and I planned for this trip for two years and saved our money. We are not rich people. This was a trip of a lifetime for us. We were scheduled on the
Norwegian Dream 12 day western Europe cruise departing 9/21/2001.
Never dreaming the world would fall apart on 9/11/2001. Needless to say we were scheduled to fly to London exactly one week after the 9/11/2001
disaster. After deep thought and advice from everyone we decided that it would not be a good idea to go and not knowing what the future would bring we didn't know if we could ever go. But we felt we had bought the best insurance that was offered by NCL - the platinum policy at $259 a person, and we would recover most of our money. We did not know nor were we told that they only give you a credit. Maybe in most circumstances that would be satisfactory but not in ours. We are in our 70's and not the best of health and my husbands health has not been the greatest since Sept. - depression over losing all this hard earned money and the other factors has me quite worried as to his health. This has been very hard on him and we get no satisfaction from the insurance company
or NCL that they would even consider returning our money. I can't believe that they can be that inconsiderate. First of all they made an $800 mistake on our credit - they shorted us of course. Then they made another $600 mistake which has been refunded - how can that be refunded when the rest can't. The $800 will evidently go back on our credit but I have no proof of that yet, just my travel agents word from NCL person. I can't believe this is happening - I can't believe with the tradgedy of 9/11 that NCL can be so small minded to not even consider our circumstances.
They say we have one year to take our credit - well things have happend in our family since 9/11 and we can/t possibly make a trip this year. Does that mean we loose $6000????? I am worried about my husband over this situation - IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE WHO CAN HELP ME?????

Dorine McCarthy
DMcCar5206@aol.com
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2002, 10:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Mediterranean Cruise

Dear Dorine:

My husband and I feel terrible for you and your husband. I offer you heartfelt sympathy. We wish you both well and will say a prayer for you and yours. Sincerely,Rhonda