Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2002, 06:35 PM
Admiral

Default Miracle at Sea..Norway Crew Member falls overboard

This is copied from a poster to another board. Unbelievably lucky girl !!!

Cruise Ship Crew Member a Survivor
Cruise Ship Crew Member Survives 10 Hours in Atlantic Ocean, Rescued by Her Own Ship

The Associated Press

M I A M I, March 5
A cruise ship crew member who fell overboard early Tuesday was rescued after spending about 10 hours in the Atlantic Ocean.

The 24-year-old Romanian woman was in stable condition and will remain on the Miami-based Norway under the care of a ship's doctor until it makes it next cruise call in the U.S. Virgin Islands, officials said.

There was no word on how the woman, who was not identified, fell from the thousand-foot-long vessel.

"She was believed to go overboard around 12:30 a.m.," said Coast Guard Petty Officer Anstasia Burns. "She was treading water when the cruise ship found her."

The ship was about 135 miles northeast of Great Inagua Island in the Bahamas when she fell.

Coast Guard aircraft responded, but the woman was found by the Norway. She was rescued by a small boat and taken back aboard.
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Miracle at Sea..Norway Crew Member falls overb

Thats just like NCL. Good to see that they treat their crew as well as their passengers. They stink!
Old March 15th, 2002, 12:38 PM
Jim Munkitrick

Default Re: Re: Miracle at Sea..Norway Crew Member falls overb

Melody....what a useless cheap shot!
They saved a life....but that probably matters little to you!
So sad that you used your two brains cells to think your comment is appropirate.
Old March 15th, 2002, 01:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Miracle at Sea..Norway Crew Member falls overb

It most certainly was. How could they "lose" a crewmember in the first place? now I realize that with so many people on board they cannot account for everyone at all times. I am just surprised that a cut rate line like NCL does not lose more crewmembers. As for my other statement, yes, they do stink.