Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 23rd, 2002, 03:55 PM
JeannieNY

Default Lets hear it for Norway Cruise Director Adrian L!!

If you were on the Norway recently, and got a chance to have Adrian as your cruise director, then I'm sure you'll agree--he was so great & has a wonderful sense of humor as well! I also feel he did a great job handling all the upset (not to mention irate )passengers who were disappointed at not being able to go to NCL's island on Sat. April 20--due to a severely ill passenger (not something Adrian, the Captain or the passenger could really do anything about). My husband mentioned to him, in passing, that we were on the Norway to celebrate our 25th anniversary. He sent a bottle of champagne over to our table that very evening at dinner. Whenever we passed him in the hallways, we were always greeted with a smile. I'm sure to NCL this man is worth his weight in gold!!
Sponsored Links
Old April 24th, 2002, 04:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Lets hear it for Norway Cruise Director Adrian L!!

You are correct. He was very good. High energy. He seemed to mingle with everyone throughout the day as well as the other entertainers. I never seen that as much as they did on the Norway. The comedians were always in the lounges or out on deck as if they were passengers. There is a lot to be said for the atmosphere of this ship.
Old April 24th, 2002, 07:36 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Lets hear it for Norway Cruise Director Adrian L!!

Thumbs up for Adrian! Not only was he entertaining and friendly, but he went out of his way to help the passengers even if their situation (e.g. shore excursion) wasn't his "department." Many other of the cruise staff was the same.
Old April 29th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Sailed two or three times with Adrian as CD or assistant CD. Very professional and not at all smarmy like many CD's can be.

Warren
Old April 30th, 2002, 04:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

My wife & I did enjoy Adrian, but our favorite member of the staff was Mattie. She was the only one who took the time to learn our names and spoke to us every time we saw each other. She was witty, silly, fun to be around and she helped us out more than once. I again will tip my cap at all of the staff of the Norway. They made our trip more that enjoyable.

Gene

Old June 14th, 2002, 02:21 PM
al heinlein

Default Re: Re: Lets hear it for Norway Cruise Director Adrian L!!

i just got off the norway and usually dont have much interaction with the cruise director, but i too have to give adrian a thumbs up! he was funny and real and seemed to be everywhere even when he wasnt presiding over things. all in all one of my BEST cruises and this was #28!