Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2002, 10:57 PM
Batgirl990

Default Our horror story....

Here's our horror story:
This was the worst experience we have ever had! We asked for a classy ship for our honeymoon, full of great food, style, and lots to do. Instead we got the beenie-weenie cruise! The food was soooo CHEAP it was unreal. They used disgusting barely pink meat for the hamburgers they served for lunch, ooh how exotic, come on, I didn't pay good money for a poor quality hamburger and a hotdog for my lunch! The chicken salad was even made with DARK MEAT! ahhh! My husband ordered the pork for dinner and it was the dryest thinnest slab of leather, we thought it was cured! This cruise line is for the midwest soccer mom with 4 kids who's top culinary experience has been the Outback Restaurant, and then even she may scoff at the CHEAP food of this cruiseline. It is NOT for New Yorkers, it is NOT for foodies, and it is especially NOT for honeymooners. The service was so poor, true example: my husband asked the maitre'd (TWICE he had to ask because it was clear he forgot after the first time) to surprise me with a special dessert and romantic wish for our marriage, so the waiter plopped a small cake on the table and walked away, when I asked him what the cake was for he shrugged his shoulders and walked away. I had him take the cake with him, told the maitre'd, and made sure I was credited the next day, because yes, this was the dining room you paid extra for because of it's "quality", ha!

Also,we didn't even make it to the private island because the seas were "too rough", so staying on the "floating McDonalds" extra time just added to our frustration. It was truly horrible and I will NEVER sail Norwegian again, and I recommend that if you want a cruise line that isn't extremely CHEAP, you don't either.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2002, 11:41 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Our horror story....

[i]Here's our horror story:
This was the worst experience we have ever had! We asked for a classy ship for our honeymoon, full of great food, style, and lots to do.[i]
Gee.. who did you ask? Was it a TA who recommended this ship (which one you don't say) to match your request? Did you do any research prior to your cruise?

I think personal experience reviews of ships are very helpful. Hearing the good and bad from fellow cruisers can provide useful information.
I do have to say, I think most readers discount those that are soley glowing brochure like reports, as well as those that are just rants! And probably justifiably so.

Old April 26th, 2002, 10:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

You say you were on your honeymoon? See, there is a guy willing to marry all women.
Old April 27th, 2002, 11:05 AM
jenny

Hello We have bee thinkingof goig n this next year but ot Now!!!!!! We went on th royal carribeen , rci, it was the best . ya want to go on a great ship go on the explorer it was heaven.
Old April 27th, 2002, 11:43 AM
cruzetime

NONSENSE!
If you don't want hamburgers or hot dogs, go to the dining room!
If you don't like the pork, ask for another entree', this is a cruise ship!
I love chicken salad with dark meat! For me it would have been great.
In New York you pay $150 for a GOOD dinner, divide your cruise price and see that you didn't pay for gourmet. You should have sailed SilverSeas, or Crystal.
Old April 27th, 2002, 02:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

Only people from New York enjoy class? This soccer mom from the midwest can at least articulate myself without being rude. I went on NCL four years ago. I expect things can change. The food was decent. If I didn't like something they went out of their way at that time to find something else I would like, even when I didn't complain. Understand though I paid a lot less than a lot of other cruise lines. You get what you pay for. If it sounds too good to be true.....
Old April 28th, 2002, 05:21 PM
Nita

The food is acutally better than 4 years ago. What ship was she on? I am sometimes beginning to think these negative remarks are being made by the same group of peole over and over. The Sun had such good food several cruisers we talked to and I love to talk, ate in the buffets only cause they preferred not to dress for dinner and found the food exceptional. The last night as my daughter and I passed the buffet to go to the Japaneese restaurant they were serving Steak and Shrimp. Make to order, no but certainly looked good. By the way at my age and with my background I have been lucky enought to eat as many 4 and 5 star restaurants..........Nita
Old April 30th, 2002, 02:16 AM
Gael

Great! Don't sail NCL again, because I'll enjoy myself all the more without the endless whining. I'm getting pretty tired of "reviews" that are just shopping lists of petty grievances that hint, no reek, of being embellished. A useful review lists the positive as well, and there is plenty of positive on any cruise. Even the Titanic survivors say she was a beautiful ship.
Old April 30th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Nita

Gael, you put it beautifully. I have been saying the same pretty much since reading this and other similare websites. Constructive criticizm is what most of us what. If there are problems let us be aware, but bashing in my book is totally unexceptable. When my children were young, I would get upset with them, well still do and they are adults. No matter how upset they were only dissaplined for their actions at that time and not told over and over how terrible they were. Maybe it's me who needs my head examined but positive goes further than negative. For sure.........Nita
Old May 6th, 2002, 02:13 AM
Gael

Default Re: Re: Our horror story....

Thanks, Nita. Just thought I'd let you know I'm Travelitis on cruisecritic. I feel like I know you from your posts there. I think we see eye-to-eye when it comes to cruising, whining, and probably other things as well.
Old May 6th, 2002, 10:39 AM
Nita

So you are travelitis, yes we do know each other via the net. My husband thinks I am a nut because I talk about my friends. Of course I am a nut in some ways, but this is fun. I just checked my last message before yours, man is my spelling getting terrible, not to mention my typing. I am always in a hurry, guess I think someone will take my computer away from me and I would have a servious problem. Talk to you later, Nita
Old May 29th, 2002, 01:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

Batgirl,

Who let you out of your cave?
A "horror story" is when you get kidnapped, brutally raped, crucified, cut into small pieceds and eaten by a maniac.

Improperly cooked hamburgers and hot dogs are issues for people who clean toilets for a living and spend way too much time at sleazy bars in questionable parts of town.

You went on a special occasion cruise and complained about hamburgers !!!!???
Get a life.
Next time, take a bus.

Really Pathetic
Old June 4th, 2002, 09:05 AM
Batgirl990

Charles, I would be really afraid to see what is in your head. You are obviously not well. Get over yourself.
Old August 4th, 2002, 09:12 AM
MR DOOWOP

.........Just one question; What ship were you on ?
Old August 7th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Batgirl990

We were on the Norway.