Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2002, 04:05 PM
Default Roatan

Can anyone suggest things to do in Roatan? I like snorkeling and swimming/lounging on beautiful beaches. I am going on the Norwegian Sun.

Sponsored Links
Old May 1st, 2002, 04:58 PM
Default Re: Roatan

Cathy, you can take the Tabyana Beach tour offered by the ship which will give you all of the things you want to do or you can get off ship and there are reps from Fantasy Island, Salt and Peppers, etc. They will take you to a snorkeling beach. Roatan, though very poor is a friendly, safe and beautiful island. We did a tour on our own last week. Loved it. I have done the Tabyana Beach tour also. Next time I think I will do Salt and Peppers.........Nita
Old May 4th, 2002, 05:02 AM

I read a review from someone who sailed very recently. They took a cab who took them beside Tabanya Beach. The beach is open to the public, so they were able to snorkel in the same location the people who booked with the ship were. They just didn't have use of the facilities. Their cabbie waited for them then also gave them a little island tour. They spent much, much less than purchasing the ship's excursion.
Old May 4th, 2002, 08:10 AM

Gael, that's pretty much like what we did except we went to Half Moon Bay. I think Tabyana is a bit better for snorkeling. We saved a bundle. As it turned out we did not eat, but there were 4 of us, we took a tour of the city then on the beach. Our wonderful driver dropped us off at Half Moon Bay, did the beach thing, had a couple of drinks, spent 2 hours there and he returned. From there he took us to a really cute little shopping mall and back to the ship. Whole thing including a $5.00 tip per person costs us about $19.00 per person. If we had eaten it would have been $5.00-$10.00 more. Just make sure you set the price ahead of time and do not pay anything until you return to the ship.............happy cruisin,,,,Nita

bay, beach, fantasy, half, island, moon, public, roatan, snorkeling, tabanya