Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2002, 07:23 PM
Sandra Foreman

Default motion sickness

What about motion sickness on the Norway? I tend to feel movement easily & used to wear the "patch" but have only gotten sick on one cruise (going to Bermuda on a 30,000 ton ship right after Hurricane Eduardo passed the east coast - and almost Everyone got sick!). I've noticed I don't feel movement as much on western itineraries as much as eastern itineraries. (closer to the open Atlantic, perhaps?) Any comment on the Norway concerning motion sickness would be greatly appreciated (We'll be on the Sky deck mid-ship) Should I wear the patch again? I prefer not to wear it as I have experienced blurred vision (one of the contra-indications) before (but no nausea!)
We're sailing on May 26th!! It's a countdown!!

Cruising is the only way to go!!!
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2002, 03:35 PM
lyndsy

Default Re: motion sickness

i have never gotten motion sick on norway, but i don't think ive ever been motion sick, period. on the first day it was kinda bad b/c we passed through a storm. and on tuesday, the ship rocked a little, but don't worry about, it's part of the fun of being on a ship. i don't thik it will bother you.
Old May 6th, 2002, 01:52 AM
Gael

Default Re: Re: motion sickness

I've been on the Norway twice and needed my wrist bands both times. I haven't done the patch, because the wrist bands work great for me and have no side effects. I was on the Grand last year and decided not to put them on until I needed them. At dinner the first night I started turning green and had to get those bands. If you've had queeziness on another ship, then just plan for it. There's no such thing as a motionless cruise ship.
Old May 8th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: motion sickness

The consensus is that the added decks Sun and Sky tend to experience more motion than the rest of the ship. I've also been told that it feels as if the cabins on those decks want to move in a different direction from the rest of the ship. Whether this means you'll experience motion sickness, I can't say.

You should also expect to hear noise from up above when the crew set up the deck chairs in the morning.

Warren