Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:17 AM
First Mate

Default Norway here we come

We are leaving Sunday May 5 for our cruise aboard the Norway. Any last minute advice out there? Only positive information please. Thanks

Vickie S.
Sponsored Links
Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:52 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Norway here we come

no advice,except of course to have a great cruise....just a request....Let us all know because we will be following you (June 23)!! I am a meteorologist in Tampa and I can tell you the weather looks great!! Have Fun !!
Old May 3rd, 2002, 11:40 AM
Passenger

PLEASE let me know how you liked the cruise... I'm going in July, and can still cancel if i want. Thanks. Ellen
Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:33 PM
lyndsy

have no fear about the norway, ive sailed 3 times,all without a hitch.
don't listen to the ppl who bash ncl and norway...one bad cruise proves nothing about a ship or the cruise line.
and to those who are saying bad things about ncl, remember: bad things could happen to ANY ship or line out there, not just ncl.
Old May 3rd, 2002, 07:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

its great. I'm going again in Dec. Was on 4-7. Had a great time. You will too.

Old May 4th, 2002, 10:34 AM
JeannieNY

Try Le Bistro for sure ( you can only book one day in advance and the phone line opens up at 11:00 am) If you want to lay out in the sun by the pool, get there early, bring a bag or clothes and a book to place on you chair and it will still be there for you if you have to go inside for any reason. Any shore excursions that you book onboard will assure you a spot on the first tender boat out (if the excursion is early--like 9am, otherwise you still have to get a tender ticket the morning of the day you are in port) You can order 2 entrees at dinner (especially if you're not sure you will like one of them) this way you can try lots of new foods. Don't play bingo the very first day, it's crowded, very long and your chances of winning are low. After the first day, they run specials, like 2 for 1, etc.
They have a clearance sale on Thurs or Fri in one of the lounges, and you can get great deals on some of their salon items and other gift things. Make sure that once you leave your cabin you bring everything you need with you, also always have your boarding pass with you. You will need it for everything. Believe me--it can be a very long walk to go back and get something you need. The ship is very big and very long--you will get lots of exercise just walking up & down the stairs. You will see some very happy people and some very grumpy people--just like anywhere you may go. One last thing--if you keep in mind that sometimes emergencies come up and that you are on a ship that has no real medical facilities and 2,000 people on board. If something happens to one person, they may not be able to go to one of the scheduled ports. Also the same thing would apply to the weather. The medical situation happened to us and we couldn't go to the NCL private island. Yes it was disappointing, but you would have thought that the captain purposely did this to all the passengers. I even heard people speaking of class action lawsuits!! Nothing in life is perfect, but I am so jealous of you getting to go on the Norway--I wish I could go again!!
Old June 15th, 2002, 08:47 PM
Sandra Foreman

Default Re: Re: Norway here we come

Howard:
I am sooo jealous of you! We returned from the Norway on June 2. It was a great week!
Please do me a favor & talk to Delmi (Adrian, the cruise director's staff member). Tell her Sandy & David from Texas really enjoyed her & wish her the best. She won't remember us, I'm sure, but she treated us like family the whole week. I'm sure she treats everyone that way & there is no way she can remember all the people every week! I'll be thinking of her for a long time......wish I could contact her.
Make sure you dine at least once in Le Bistro restaurant. Ask for Love's section. She is the best!! Luis the maitre 'd is very accommodating.

Have a great trip. The Norway is a grand lady!

SF