Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2002, 08:19 PM
bond

Default majesty questions

im going on the ncl majesty in a few weeks and this is the smallest ship ive been on. last summer i was on the voyager of the seas, and im worried about going to such a small ship. anyone who has information, like what the ship is like, what the experience is compared to a larger ship, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old June 28th, 2002, 10:51 AM
First Mate

Default Re: majesty questions

Hi,

I've been on both.

For my tastes I prefer the Majesty. I like smaller ships. The Voyager is so big that when we were in 12 foot seas we never even felt the ship roll.

Now, you may prefer being on a ship that acts like it's on land, but I like to know I'm at sea. Couple the smaller size with the fact that you'll spend most of your crusing time in the open ocean rather than in the protected waters of the Caribbean and you're likely to get some extra motion out of this cruise.

The ship itself is not as new as the Voyager and thus is not as ornate. Not big centrum, no glitzy shiopping mall. There is nlo rock climbing wall nor ice skate rink either. It's just a cruise ship, pretty comfortable and with good service.

One of the best things about Majesty to Bermuda is that it only does one port stop...so the whole time that you're in Bermuda the ship is your hotel, open 24 hours/day to come and go.

Have a Blast.
Old June 29th, 2002, 05:48 AM
sailing needle

Default Re: Re: majesty questions

I, like Jeff, prefer smaller ships. It doesn't take you all week to locate all the different nooks and crannies. They may not be up to date with glitz and sparkle but do you really need that for a good trip? Bottom line-it's clean and comfortable.
The Majesty only docks at St. Georges in Bermuda. The island is not that big that you may miss something while not docked at Hamilton. Public transportation is readily available and the cost is reasonable.
You'll have a great trip!
Old July 1st, 2002, 06:39 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: majesty questions

Yes, the bus service is reliable, but I prefer a motor bike...we owned the Island(s) with ours last year.