Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 17th, 2002, 11:03 AM
Nelson

Default CITIBANK Latitudes Rewards Debacle

At last check NCL is still not honoring CITIBANK Latitudes Visa Rewards Certificates. NCL blames CITIBANK--CITIBANK claims, "they know nothing". Thanks guys for your building of customer trust.
Sponsored Links
Old July 23rd, 2002, 12:58 PM
Jim Munkitrick

Default Re: CITIBANK Latitudes Rewards Debacle

How come nothing improves?
NCL had major financial problems, STAR buys them, things should have turned around, they add new ships....but....
The marketing/sales and customer service arms of the company can't seem to find a way to improve their day to day operation. No matter how much money STAR throws at NCL, sooner or later this sort of thing catches up.
Old July 27th, 2002, 01:26 PM
Passenger

I was planning on using a voucher on my next cruise and contacted the Latitudes member desk at NCL, I was told that they were accepting Citibank Visa Latitudes vouchers. I asked my TA to contact NCL and see if he can get a clear answer from his contacts.
Old July 31st, 2002, 09:32 PM
Roddee

I don't know when this problem may have started, but my husband and I just returned from our cruise which we "paid" for with the Citibank Latitudes Visa Voucher. In fact it covered our entire cruise at booking, not including the airfare. We booked in February of this year. I hope the problem is shortlived, as we are about halfway to another free cruise.
Old August 16th, 2002, 12:33 PM
Passenger

I was reading these posts and became concerned as I have accumulated quite a few Citibank Latitude points which I was planning on applying to a NCL cruise I have reserved for 2003. So I called NCL. I was referred to a Latitudes supervisor who never called me back after I left several messages. Finally, I tried again and insisted upon talking to a supervisor. The one I spoke with told me that NCL could no longer accept the Citibank certificates because Citibank was not honoring them. So I called Citibank. They said that was not true. I called the same supervisor back. She repeated the same thing and said that no certificates would be accepted beyond the end of this month. She said she had a memo to that effect. I called Citibank. I was upset. They again said that that was not true. They dialed up NCL and we had a 3-way call with the supervisor I spoke with. Her position remained the same. The Citibank Rep asked for her supervisor. She turned us over to accounting. She said they actually handled this issue. A supervisor in accounting stated that NCL is accepting and will continue to accept Citibank certificates. The accounting supervisor called the Latitudes supervisor and informed her that she was giving out misinformation. I did, however, get the impression from the Citibank Rep that their participation in this program would be coming to an end in the near future. Should that happen, all cardholders will receive notification of the ending date and all points accumulated up to that date will be honored by Citibank and NCL. I have to compliment Citibank on the way they handled this issue for me. With their help and the 3-way call we were able to really pin things down. I have to criticize NCL for their customer service. Between the misinformation and not receiving any call backs, I was getting very frustrated. I have always enjoyed sailing with them but their customer service on land is poor. Now, I just hope they stand by what I was told.
Old September 14th, 2002, 08:15 AM
Passenger

I just booked the Sun for March of 2003 and used a Citibank $l,000 certifictae for the cruise. It was accepted by NCL and my TA had no problems with them.