Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 10th, 2004, 11:04 AM
shellchuck

Default norwegian sea 7/17/04

My husband and I are going on the Sea the 17th-24th. Anybody else going? We would love to touch base with some good folks. We are a christian couple celebrating our 10.5 year anniversary! Looking forward to alot of fun.
Blessings,
Shelley
Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to vgriffin
Default Re: norwegian sea 7/17/04

Hi, we are also going on the cruise. It will be my husband and I and our 10yr old daughter. We haven't been on a cruise before, so I am very excited! Maybe we will see you there. We live in Lewisville and are driving down to Houston Sat. morning. It was a close call for cancellation because my daughter has been very sick with a ruptured ear drum and very bad ear infection, we were at the hospital all day yesterday. But I am sure now that she is being treated, that we will be there. Let me know if you would like to meet for a drink or something. That would be great!

Vicky
Old July 12th, 2004, 09:12 PM
First Mate

Vicki, we aren't cruising with you,but have done this itenerary before and lived in Lewisville until about 3 years ago. Our grandkid's first cruise was the Sea back when it was the Seward. It probably was our best cruise because they had such a blast. The youngest was 10 at the time. Now she is leaving for college and her sister is a senior at Colo State. The cabins are realllllllllllllllllllllllllly realllllllllllllllllllly small, but everything else is awesome and the people who cruise out of Houston are wonderful. Have a great time. NMNita
Old July 13th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: norwegian sea 7/17/04

Good to hear from you Nita! I am glad you thought the itinerary was great. I am hoping it is. There will be a lot to do in a week since we are only at each port for less than a day, but we will sure try! We are very excited about it. I am worried about how much $$ in addition we will be spending on the ship....for drinks and gratuity. I am sure it will be worth it. A week after we get back, I will be having a hystorectomy, so I am going to do all I can since I will be grounded for a while. It will be a nice vacation leading up to having surgery. We have a few days left before we leave and I am still working on booking rental cars, etc. for us to get around. We aren't doing tours, they seem to be quite expensive for 3 people. Plus, I want to go around and do what we want at our leisure. The only activity I booked was the dolphin encounter for my daughter. She is very excited about that. Did anyone out there do it in Cozumel? I am wondering how it will be. It looks like a blast! Something you don't get to do every day and a great memory for our daughter. We will see! If only we could take our own pics there.

Well, I hope everyone has fun on their cruises and stays well! Vicky
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:21 AM
Mike Fast

We took this cruise in December of last year. I have a number of pictures posted on line, if you would like to see some of them, go to www.picturetrail.com/mikefast2 There are a number of albums there, go to albums #15, and 16, NCL cruise, Dec. 2003. The sea is an older ship, but you will have a good time. The entertainment is great, the food is quite good, altho I thought the buffet left something to be desired. The ports of call are nice too, I especially liked Belize. On a previous trip, we had taken a bus to see the ruins, and enjoyed it. We heard from some of the people on board that had gone to the zoo, that it was a disappointment. Cozumel of course is great for shopping, the ship stops within walking distance of down town. Cancun is quite pretty, and Honduras is a very poor country, but is also a pretty place to visit. We didn't gamble and don't drink, so we didn't spend a lot of extra money, just for soft drinks and then of course the tips on board ship, and I did some Christmas shopping in Roatan. They have beautiful woodwork there. If this is your first cruise, you will love it.
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:39 AM
First Mate

Vicky, your daughter will love the Dolphin encounter. We have friends that did it (we didn't) and they are experienced snorkelers, divers, etc. Said it was one of the best tours they have taken. As for not planning to do anything else. Maybe you should think about booking a couple of things over the net (not through NCL) or hire a driver etc when you get off the ship. I know it can be pricey, but it's worth it in some cases. We will be on the ship, with 2 other couple in November. I am about to book the cabins today. I looked up some tours: Roatan has a glass bottom boat trip for about $20 a person or you can hire a taxi (van) for about the same and they spend the whole day with you. Maybe you will meet others on the ship to tour with you. We were not nuts over Belize, others are. Cozumel, as said, the best for shopping especially silver plus some super beaches you can do on your own. When we did this itinerary Cancun wasn't a stop. Have a blast, good luck with your surgery and please let us know the good and the bad when you return. Hopefully it's mostly or all good! Nita
Old July 13th, 2004, 01:09 PM
Beginner

Hi again! This is kinda fun talking with other people.
I saw the glass bottom boat thing in Roatan. I think we might do that. I rented mopeds for us there so we can ride around and see what we can find. I am still looking into other activities and transportation in other places. There is so much to figure out and look at. I am sure we will find alot to do, as well as relax a little.

Thanks for the well wishes on my surgery. Hopefully it will all go smoothly. At least I will have some fun before hand! hehe

I will definitely look into some tours and try a few. We are just on a tight budget since I will be out of work for 6 weeks. So, any inexpensive suggestions anyone has would be great. The glass bottom boat is a definite thing we will do...it looks neat!

Thanks again for all you input! Vicky
Old October 25th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Linda Drumm

Am taking 9 grandchildren on the SEA in Jan. Can you share any info for cruising with kids? Linda