Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 6th, 2002, 01:49 AM
FIRTAN

Default Belize tours

Has anyone been on the Belize, Roatan or Costa Maya tours with NCL? Please E-mail me with any pro or cons. Thank you. Natalie
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2002, 12:19 PM
nmNita

Default Re: Belize tours

Natalie, our first trip to Roatan we did the Beach excursion through the ship. The past time we did on our own. For first timers I think the Tabyana trip is great. Belize we did our own thing and we were really disappointed. In fact we did not like Belize. I guess the Reggie tubing is the thing to do for sure. If we go back I think we will just tender to the pier, walk around (they have a really awesome little mall) and then back to the ship. We did not talk to too many passengers that liked Belize. Of course with 2000 or more on the ship the few we talked to was not a fair representation. Both Roatan and Belize are very poor but Roatan is so friendly and so beautiful with happy people. I would advise you not to just get off ship and walk into the small town. If you do just that you will not like the island at all. You need to see the entire surroundings and overlook the poverty. Remember what we see as horrible living other countries are accustom to the conditions. Enjoy your experience. Nita
Old September 6th, 2002, 07:00 PM
charley

Hi,
My husband and I did those tours two spring breaks ago. We went up a river and to partially unexcavated Mayan ruins in Belize. Loved it. Got to see flora, fauna and ruins.
In Roatan went to Tabyana. Loved it. Got to snorkle, which my husband absolutely fell in love with.
In Mexico, we went to Chichinetiza (I can't spell) Loved it because again more Mayan ruins. this time excavated. But, warning!!! It's a very long drive, a very long day and not much time at the ruins. So this isn't for everyone.
Went once before with our two teenage daughters to smaller ruins, closer to the ship that also included a stop at a lagoon. We liked that too. Not so long of a day and a little more action for teens.
Enjoy
Charley H.
Old September 18th, 2002, 06:22 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to chipandjohn

My Partner and I took the "old Belize River" tour. The first stop was the Mayan ruins, they'er great but best of all the tour ended with a trip down the Belize river. We saw so much wild life including Howler monkeys, bats, crocks, matinee and many other wild life. Take the tour and bring a good camera, not a disposable type.
In Roatan we went to the equaina farm and then to Fantasy Island. The snorkeling isn't that great but the sea jets were fun, (not cruise connected). I have to agree Both Roatan and Belize are very poor but Roatan is so friendly and so beautiful with happy people.
These are new stops and I would keep with the ship excurisons for now and wait for some good and safe feedback from others. Or play it safe and be the first.
chipandjohn