Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2002, 09:04 AM
First Mate

Default nmNita Chandrias Cruise Line

Hi ! You said that you had sailed on Chandrais. Our very first cruise was on the S.S. Britanis. Were you ever on that ship, and did you know it now sits on the ocean bottom? The experiance was quite different than the cruise ships we now sail on. The dining room crew was mainly Greek and their service was incredible. The dining room experience was truley elegant and EVERYONE dressed extremely formally. The midnight buffet was simply amazing. We had a small bathroom in our cabin which had no electricity. There was a large room where all ladies would go to blow dry and curl their hair. It was kinda like a big open locker room. The ship had entertainment but it was nothing like it is on the mega ships. It was done on a small stage with a few dancers. The dance crew hung out with the guests during their time off. It was a wonderful experiance. I do enjoy the Grande Beautiful Mega Ships, but I am so glad I was able to cruise on Brittanis which was at the time we sailed it the oldest sailing cruise ship sailing. If you were on the Brittanis, do you have any special memories?
Sponsored Links
Old October 6th, 2002, 01:11 PM
nmNita

Default Re: nmNita Chandrias Cruise Line

Libbi, it was Chandriss' other ship and yes, even though it was a short cruise the dining experience was outstanding as was Commadore, Caribe. We don't really care for the mega ships, at least not the 3000 passenger ones. There are good and bad about the ships of the past. Our bathrrom was ok, but my girlfriends bed had a split down the middle and when we were ready to disembark we got lost somehow thus meandered through the kitchen. Pipes were leaking everywhere. You know it really didn't make any difference cause if we hadn't seen it we would never had known about the condition. Of course the price was right!!!!!! Nita
Old October 6th, 2002, 03:17 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: nmNita Chandrias Cruise Line

My husband and I sailed on the Galileo Galilei which was a Chandris ship - I remember good food and a tiny cabin - it was a long time ago - in the 1980's. That ship eventually became the Celebrity Meridian (also lying on the bottom, victim of a fire) and we did a Bermuda cruise out of Philadelphia in 1966 - wonderful! Oh, the good old days of smaller ships. Loved the motion of the sea, and the feeling of being rocked to sleep!