Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2002, 12:00 AM
mjk

Default Norway-Nov.10th

Anyone else going on this date? My husband and I are taking our kids out of school that week, and we haven't cruised in 12 years!

We have booked V-185 on the viking deck. I was wondering if anyone else knows about this cabin. Also, any tips on getting priority tendering for St. John.

We are not booking any tours, because we are bringing our own snorkel gear to do our own thing. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We were in St Thomas last year, so we don't plan on doing or seeing a thing there.

Also, any info on the kid's club would be nice. We are a little apprehensive because most kids are in school.

Any and all comments and tips would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2002, 10:52 AM
bluegirl7

Default Re: Norway-Nov.10th

My husband and I are going Nov. 10 too, we are in P087 on the Pool deck. We are planning on meeting a couple people from the Cruise Critic board, but it seems to be a light sailing.

You can get priority tendering to St. John by purchasing a ferry ticket. The ferry leaves at 6:30; you have to get up early for the immigration check, might as well get an early start. You have to take another ferry to get back to St. Thomas to catch the tender back to the ship.

We are bringing our our snorkeling gear and plan on going to either Trunk Bay or Cinnamon Bay. I plan on doing most of my shopping in St. Maarten, so I am not worried about missing out in St. Thomas.

Also, I have read if you reserve any gear...flippers, (we are not bringing them) boogie board, etc. you get the first tender off for Great Stirrup Cay as well.

We don't have any kids, but I know they have a kids program. I imagine with year round schools there will be other kids on board. How old are they?

Are you early or late seating? We are late seating, but we are not sure which dining room yet.

Renee