Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 22nd, 2002, 11:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default A question on Norw. Sea

I have a question that I would apreciate information about. I have been on two previous cruises. I have sailed the Horizon to Bermuda and the Galaxy to the Carribean. I am now thinking of sailing the Norwegian Sea to Bermuda this summer. I was wondering if anyone could compare and contrast Celebrity and Norwegian. And if anyone has any positive or negative to say about the Norwegian Sea's sailing to Bermuda. Any and all input would be extremely helpful, negative and positive alike.

Thank you very much.
Sponsored Links
Old November 22nd, 2002, 11:31 PM
nmNita

Default Re: A question on Norw. Sea

jimbo, I have never sailed Celebrity, but have heard many positive comments both from the varies boards and from my cliants when I was still a TA. I have read some reviews lately indicating Celebrity might not be quite as outstanding as it was a few years ago. Now that I have said that, let me fill you in on my opinion of the Sea and of NCL. I am an NCL loyalist and feel if you want to cruise on a very friendly line with the most relaxed atmosphere NCL is the only way to go. If you feel the need to be pampered at every turn, maybe you need to look elsewhere. The service is great, as I said the crew the friendliest and entertainment about the best at sea. The food, not necessarily served it the most artistic manner and not Ruths Chris by any means, but good to very good. The Sea is an older ship thus not the glitz some have come to charish, the cabins are a bit smallesh; you may wonder what I think is so special about NCL and the Sea. I have enjoyed all 13 cruises I have been on, but the cruise on the Sea was my favorite. I can't say why, just a feeling I guess. If you know what to expect before you travel and remember each ship and each line has it's own personality you can't go wrong sailing an NCL cruise. Happy cruisin Nita
Old November 25th, 2002, 10:11 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: A question on Norw. Sea

We've been on the Sea 4 times and had a good time each cruise....the Freestyle crusing is absolutely great. Ship is older but so is Horizon and Zenith, (the 2 Celebrity ships that do Bermuda, as is the Noric Empress which also does Bermuda). While Celebrity does have very good food and service, the Sea has more choices for dinner, (the dining room, Le Bistro, the Big Apple Cafe which at nite turns into an Italian Pasta restaurant, and each evening on the pool deck they have a BBQ and an Asian food station, usually starts around 5). Truthfully you can't go wrong with any of the ships to Bermuda...it's a great cruise.
Old November 26th, 2002, 08:15 PM
RG

I have sailed the NCL Sea and the Celebrity Infinity (as well as many RCCL ships). Though I enjoyed the NCL Sea, it is an older ship that has some negatives, but the overall experience was good. It depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for a mega-ship with modern ammenities and larger rooms, then the Sea is probably not for you. If the destination and itinerary are your focus, I can assure you that the Sea is a fine ship with fair ammenities. It is unfair to compare lines and ships if they are in different catagories. I will be sailing on the NCL Sun for X-Mas and am looking forward to trying NCL again. I have enjoyed other cruise lines but feel that NCL offers great itineraries at great prices. Good luck, let us know what you decide!!!
Old November 30th, 2002, 11:28 AM
Jodi

I've also sailed Celebrity Horizon to Bermuda. This past summer I went on the Norwegian Majesty sailing out of Boston to Bermuda and this summer I'm going back to Bermuda on the Norwegian Sea. I'm thrilled that Norwegian will be sailing out of New York but since we love Norwegian we were willing to drive to Boston for the cruise last year. In all honesty, the Celebrity has better food unless you go to Le Bistro every night (we ate dinner there 4 times) but we have more fun on on all Norwegian cruises and we have cruised on 5 different lines. We are stuck on Freestyle Cruising. It's a vacation and my husband doesn't want to wear a tux. We want to relax and enjoy!
Old November 30th, 2002, 12:19 PM
nmNita

Default Re: Re: Re: A question on Norw. Sea

Seems most of the ships that do Bermuda as well as the ships that do 4 or 5 day cruises are the older ones. If you know what to expect ahead of time and have a good attitude you should love the Sea . NIta
Old November 30th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: A question on Norw. Sea

we have plans to cruise on the sea in feb. and i would like to know if they provided shampoo in the cabins, and also hair dryers. I know these are strange questions however when you cruised on other lines this was provided, except for the carnival line. and that was the time i did not bring these items with me, thinking this was included... thank you
Old November 30th, 2002, 08:14 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Re: Re: A question on Norw. Sea

Sally....the Sea does have hair dryers in each room and they do provide shampoo...enjoy the trip...try to get to LeBistro one night for dinner, really worth the $10...also check out the pool side BBQ each night...have fun!