Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 3rd, 2002, 10:23 PM
First Mate

Default College spring break?

Hi. I am a college student, and some of my friends and I are exploring ideas for spring break this year. I noticed the Norway has incredibly low fares, and I was wondering if anyone has sailed her during March when college kids are off on break? Would it be totally boring, or is there a good mix of young and young at heart? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2002, 11:44 PM
nmNita

Default Re: College spring break?

Paul, all ships will have their share of young and young at heart on them during spring break, but the Norway will probably have a little more subdude group. It certainly isn't known for the party life if that is what you are looking for. Of course with a share of the cruisers in the younger age group you can make your own parties. I don't know if I am helping or hurting you with my comments, but at least it will give you an idea what you will be getting for your bucks. All cruises are what you make them. Happy cruisin Nita
Old December 9th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: College spring break?

Hey. i'm in college and will be going on a cruise around the week of march 2nd - it's 5 days only stops at cozumel and belieze city for the day, but there's going to be about 20 of us. you should def. go!
Old December 9th, 2002, 08:34 PM
Sita

Default Re: Re: Re: College spring break?

i'm going on a cruise on the 9th from miami....way cheap and there at 18 of us...GO
Old December 25th, 2002, 11:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: College spring break?

Sita or Liz, are you going on the Norway? We booked it, 22 of us, so Ohio State will over take the Caribbean from March 22-29. Go Bucks!

-Paul
Old December 25th, 2002, 11:07 PM
First Mate

Actually I think we are going the 23-30
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:18 AM
cheap airfare

Go to: [link=http://digital.travelogia.com/boardingpass newwindow]digital.travelogia.com/boardingpass[/link]

Download this free sofware and save time and money searching for airplane tickets for any travel purpose.

BoardingPass, a free desktop software program that simultaneously searches the top 59 airline sites, including Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and CheapTickets, plus several dozen major airline Web sites for the lowest airfares, then allows customers to book air directly at their selected site. When a fare search is complete, out pops a simple list that can be sorted to compare price, flight times, airline or number of stops. The software download is free.
Old December 26th, 2002, 10:19 AM
cheap airfare

Go to: www.digital.travelogia.com/boardingpass

Download this free sofware and save time and money searching for airplane tickets for any travel purpose.

BoardingPass, a free desktop software program that simultaneously searches the top 59 airline sites, including Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and CheapTickets, plus several dozen major airline Web sites for the lowest airfares, then allows customers to book air directly at their selected site. When a fare search is complete, out pops a simple list that can be sorted to compare price, flight times, airline or number of stops. The software download is free.
Old January 31st, 2003, 12:08 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to SarBear

Hey Paul! I was just wondering if you knew of anyone going on the Norwegian Sea the 17th-22nd? I'm worried there won't be any college kids!
Old February 2nd, 2003, 06:23 PM
krysta

Hi Paul,
I am also looking into traveling on the Norway for spring break with a bunch of my sorority sisters. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you pay for your trip and how did you find it. Right now I have a price of 387.79 and that is with all taxes and charges. We still have to find airfare though - sny suggestions.
Also, I have been looking at the Norway. It seems decent - it reminds me of the love boat, but I cant complain for that cheap of a price.
Krysta
Old February 2nd, 2003, 06:37 PM
Beginner

Krysta,
We found our cruise through expedia. But now that I've looked more you can get some realy amazing deals through travelocity! Norwegian has some of the cheapest cruises out there and I've heard that there are plenty of college students on these cruises during spring break! But be warned that if you arent 21 yet, there wont be any drinking on the cruise itself! Norwegian has strict rules on that! Good luck and let me know how it goes!
Old February 2nd, 2003, 06:39 PM
Beginner

P.S. My friend and I are going on the Norwegian sea march 17th through the 22 and we only paid 347 total! Really worth it! If you have a bunch of people going they like to cut deals!
Old February 2nd, 2003, 07:03 PM
Nita

Krysta, you are right, you can't beat the price and because it's spring break there will be college kids on board. By the way, What sorority and what school. My grand daughter is a tri Delta at CSU. Maybe next year she will cruise with some of her sorortiy sisters. Last year she did Padre Island in Texas.
Old February 2nd, 2003, 07:05 PM
Nita

Krysta, By the way if you haven't already booked, which probably have the Sea would be a better cruise for you, but no matter which ship you choose there will be college kids waiting to party with you..........
Old February 6th, 2003, 01:57 AM
kurly_kris

hey,

i'm going on the norway leaving feb 23rd from miami. just wondering if any other college students are booked for that week? i'm travelling with my parents but have heard horror stories about everyone being 65+ (no offense to those of you that are!)
just curious!
Old February 6th, 2003, 02:48 PM
Tori

Hey Paul,

Read your post, and you asked what I was thinking. I'm a senior college student and have the Norway booked for the 2nd week of March with two friends. I hope there are a lot of spring breakers. Last year in January, I went on a Carnival cruise which met up with the Norway on a "booze cruise", and there were plenty of people my age. Hope this helps!!

Keeping my fingers crossed,
Tori
Old February 6th, 2003, 02:49 PM
Tori

hey!! I'm going the same week. There are only 3 of us, but it's good to know college students will be there!! Book the Kon-tiki (sp?) in St. Thomas, it's really a good time!
Old February 13th, 2003, 11:25 AM
acisland

Default Kon-Tiki tour?

Hey, can you give me some info on the St. Thomas KonTiki party boat tour? Is it a wild party (which we're hoping to find, since we're going Spring Bread and all)?
Old February 13th, 2003, 11:27 AM
acisland

Tori, can you tell me about the booze cruise? How wild did it get (any examples?), and was it a good fun party?
Thanks!
acisland@hotmail.com
Old February 15th, 2003, 03:50 PM
Tori

Default Re: Kon-Tiki tour?

Well the time I went on the Kon-Tiki (In St. Thomas) there was definately a lot of drinking, but just more silly party games... nothing "cancun-comprable" but definately the closest thing on the vacation to a college-spring break experince, no wet t-shirt contests or anything. In Barbados on the Jolly-Roger booze-cruise was a little more crazy due to plank-walking and rope swings + alcohol. Hope this helps! When are you going on your cruise? On the Norway?
Old February 15th, 2003, 04:21 PM
First Mate

Hi..I am 16 and sailed on the Norway a few years ago. I loved the cruise, becuase it by far has the best shows I have seen. The food is pretty good...but there are alot of activites on board. Just remeber...when you take the tender out, BE IN LINE EARLY, or you will be on board waiting to get off for an hour or two depending on how long you procrastinate. There will be plenty of students, b/c realisticly, they all want cheap, and The Norway offers that. Have a blast, and if you have any questions about The Norway, feel free to ask.
Old February 19th, 2003, 09:29 PM
First Mate

We actually have a group of 24 from OHIO STATE going down now, sailing on March 23. We paid $457 for the P cateogory, and I regret it now because they are on sale at Travelocity for $339 for an outside room. Oh well. But it was random because I talked to a friends friend that goes to Ohio University, and 10 of her friends are going on the same sailing as ours.....so I am expecting a decent amount of college kids. E-mail me if you are going to be on during this sailing. Also, I wanted to know more about the booze cruise, I got my tickets and noticed that was an excursion option. And if anyone has any idea of what the alcohol policy is, I'm not going to take a liquor store with me, but I would like to take some bottles for the room. We are going to try to be on our best behavior.