Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2002, 11:06 AM
First Mate

Default Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda

I am sailing on this ship from Boston on June 22, 2003. Anybody on this list going?

While my wife and I are experienced cruisers (we've been on 6 Carnival cruises), this will be our first Norwegian cruise and our first trip to Bermuda. What can I expect about Norwegian? What shore tours are best in Bermuda? Thanks in advance for your opinions.

George
http://www.ircruise.com
Carnival Ecstasy, Dec. '98
Carnival IMagination, Dec. '99
Carnival Fascination, Dec. '00
Carnival Destiny, May '01
Carnival Destiny, Dec. '01
Carnival Victory, Dec. '02
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2002, 02:08 PM
bigsweeps

Default Re: Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda

People either love or hate the freestyle concept of NCL. I personally love it. I don't like to be told where to eat, what time I have to be there, who I have to sit with or that I have to dress up.

The cabins are a bit small on the Majesty - so try to get one of the 142 square foot rooms or higher instead of the 108.

As far as Bermuda goes, you don't need to book any ship tours. You have 3+ days there so I recommend exploring on your own. You can go to www.bermuda.com and do a little reasearch first. Taxis are expensive so I recommend you get a 3 day bus pass - the bus system is clean and very safe. The beaches on the south side of Bermuda are mostly pink sand and beautiful. Some of the other things to do are: Crystal Caves, shopping in Hamilton, etc.

Nancy
http://www.bigsweeps.com
Old December 19th, 2002, 02:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda

Nancy:
Thank you very much! I will visit the Web sites you suggested.
George
Old January 4th, 2003, 10:33 AM
BonnSuz

Default Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda

My sisters and I went on the Majesty 9/02 and loved it! As for excursions I would not bother to book any. The island is very accessible and the public bus system is clean and easy to use. If you want to go snorkeling for about $5 you can rent a mask and mouthpiece at many of the beaches and for another $5 get fins too! The best thing about the Majesty was that it docked at St. Georges for the entire stay so you really got to know the area and it was much quieter than Hamilton would be. Make sure to stop by Freddy's which is just off dock, they are a great bunch of natives and willing to talk and drink with everyone!
Old January 5th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Ron Provost

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Norwegian Majesty to Bermuda

We were on the Majesty in June, we live in NH less than an hour away from Port. this started the cruise with a big plus sign, easy on and off and home. We were on the 7th deck, with obstructed view, we were not in the cabin except to sleep so who cared. Great sailing to and from Bermuda, Although the ship is not the biggest of the fleet, my family had a great time, food was good, I got all that I wanted. I liked pulling into bermuda, going thru the canal was awsum. We did not book anything on the ship, we did what we wanted. I convinced my family to go helmet diving, for those who dont know what that is, you walk on the bottom of the ocean with about 6 others at a time. you breath normal, wear glasses no problem, purchase a cheep under water camera and your guide will take pictures of you feeding the fish and other great stuff. ages from 6 to what ever. My family had a great time,
Having the ship in port as your hotel and restruaunts was great, loved the freestyle cause we didn't have to cut our shore time to be back in time to eat.
We are booked on the Dawn out of NY may 25, 2003. I'll compare bigger ship to smaller ship and make a decision then.
All 6 of us had a great time and would defenitly go again on the Majesty any time.
thanks
Ron Provost