Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2003, 09:41 PM
Beginner

Default Any college students on Norway 3/16?

My friends and I are going on the Norway on March 16, 2003 for Spring Break and we were wondering if there would be a lot of older people on the cruise or if there would be a good mix of college students. It's our first time so we're hoping to have a fun time with people our age! Let me know if you're going on that date! Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2003, 09:38 AM
Nita

Default Re: Any college students on Norway 3/16?

Angie, there will be lots of us oldsters on the Norway (sadly, not me) but whenever it's spring break you can be assured there will be lots of college kids as well. Have a great time..............

Nita
Old January 29th, 2003, 07:42 PM
First Mate

Congrats on your first cruise, MNAngie! The first cruise always seems to hold a special place in your heart.

I'm getting married in port (St John) that week while on the Norway, but am age 28... so I guess I'm an oldster like you, Nita! About 20 of our family/friends are going with us, but none are in the college-age bracket. Everyone in our group on this cruise are ages twenties to sixties.

Regardless, I still plan on having a great time like I have on my past cruises. We teachers enjoy Spring Break as well!

I'm certainly looking forward to a terrific week! It can't come soon enough!! Ahhhh.... the first sail-away drink is always my favorite as you pull away from port.....

-Mandy
NCL Sky (12/2000)
Celebrity Galaxy (12/2001)
S/S Norway (03/2003)
Old February 2nd, 2003, 05:26 PM
krysta

Default Re: Re: Any college students on Norway 3/16?

I am actually just now looking into trips on the Norway for that exact week. I noticed the MN in your name. Is that for Minnesota? If that is, we go to the U. Do you?
Old February 2nd, 2003, 08:49 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Any college students on Norway 3/16?

Krysta, I'm from MN but I don't go to the U, I go to UMD. My friend who is going on the cruise with me does go to the U though. What year are you?
Old February 17th, 2003, 10:56 AM
ScottGA

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Any college students on Norway 3/16?

I go to the University of Georgia (GO DAWGS... had to get that in there somewhere)... We have a group of four coming that week.
Old February 18th, 2003, 08:01 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to SarBear
Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Any college students on Norway 3/16?

Scott,
We are from the university of georgia too! (go dawgs!) What boat are you going on??? Are you leaving the 16th? We are going the 17th!
Sarah
Old February 20th, 2003, 01:02 PM
ScottGA

SarBear,
We are going on the Norway on the 16th. I think you guys are on a different ship. Have fun either way though...
Old March 2nd, 2003, 12:21 PM
Frank

Default Re: Re: Re: Any college students on Norway 3/16?

I'm from UCONN and they're are 3 of us that are going to be on the Norway on the 16th. We should meet up if thats the cruise you are going to be on
Old March 2nd, 2003, 02:21 PM
First Mate

Welcome aboard Frank!! It's a sold-out ship, so I am sure there will be lots of people to meet on board! My future-sister-in-law is flying down from Boston for the cruise - not too far from your part of the country! (I'm getting married while in port at St Thomas / St John). We have several in our twenties, thirties... up to late sixties (grandparents going too). She has the honor of being the youngest at age 26. But... by college standards, we may be "old", but we're not DEAD!

Just think - two weeks from NOW you'll be on board, having a drink in your hand, and enjoying a terrific sail-away party!!! (ok - so I'm a couple of hours off - you might be wearing a stylish orange lifejacket standing under your lifeboat - but the sailaway party is not far off!)

We are all looking forward to a TERRIFIC time! I just saw the cruise ship schedule for St Thomas the day we are there, and it looks like FOUR other ships are there as well. If you are going to sign up for any shore excursions, you should probably make sure you do that quickly. Many seem to do the Kon Tiki party boat - and I have read nothing but great reviews on it. (Might be an opportunity to meet up with other college students from other ships on that excursion.)

Cruise ship schedule for St Thomas:
http://www.vinow.com/general_usvi/ge...March-2003.php

When I was in St Thomas / St John Thanksgiving week for a land-vacation, we did our 'shopping day' in St Thomas when there were two cruise ships in town. I can't imagine five total. Even on my last cruise that stopped at St Thomas, we just had two ships there, so I have not experienced St Thomas with five cruise ships. (That was a dreary day - rained off and on - but we went to Magen's Bay anyway - and when the rain cleared we had the entire beach to ourselves plus about five other people!!!)

By chance - are you familiar with Mystic Seaport? Is it worth a visit? I have a free weekend hotel stay in Hartford, and am in the process right now of planning a week in the northeast in June. Any suggestions?

-Mandy in Dallas
Old March 2nd, 2003, 09:14 PM
Frank

Hi Mandy from Dallas,

Thanks for the heads up on the Kon Tiki party. I looked it up, and I think i'm def. gonna check that out

About Mystic, I think its a great place to spend a day. There is the aquarium ( if you're into that) which is usually the big thing to do there and there is also Mystic Pizza which is always fun. There is something I think you would find a little bit more interesting around there though.... There is a restaurant somewhat nearby( possibly 30 min), called Nordic Lodge. Its pricey- 50 bucks a pop- but what you get is an all you can eat meal including lobster, filet mignon, 25 foot desert bar, shrimp, and the list goes oooonnnnnn....... Anyway, my family has been going there for years, and I would highly recommend it. If you want exact info on it, I can look it up for you.

Well, I'm gonna go try and survive these last two weeks of college till the cruise.

Frank from UCONN.
PS: Congratulations on your upcoming marriage- St, Thomas is a perfect place to have it.
Old March 3rd, 2003, 04:11 PM
First Mate

I understand surviving the last two weeks - my little sixth graders are WIRED! My future sister-in-law is going to school part time in Boston and working full time - I know she is completely snowed under right now (both with weather and school!). Back when we were taking our first cruise (12/2000), I was working in the telecom industry but still keeping my foot in the educational world by teaching night courses at a local junior college. The snow days hit, and finals were rescheduled the day I was to leave on the cruise! I had to find someone to administer my finals and do grades for me. That was a stressful week!!

We are getting married actually one step better than St Thomas... on St John.

Thanks for the heads up on Mystic. Will certainly be good for a day trip from Hartford! That eating place sounds terrific!

These next nine days of school can't go fast enough... Hang in there - you'll be ready for a great break!