Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:31 PM
Passenger

Default Formal Wear on the Norway

How formal are the two formal nights on the Norway? A group of us are going on our first cruise and not quite sure what to pack! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2003, 07:35 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to linda t
Default Re: Formal Wear on the Norway

Kay,
you will see anything from nice pants suits to formal gowns. The men will either be in suits or a tux. You will be fine in either one. You'll have a great time on the Norway. She really is a "one of a kind".
Linda
Old February 11th, 2003, 05:45 AM
Admiral

Kay,
Most of the ladies will be wearing cocktail dresses or formal gowns, with some fancy pants suits too. For the guys, I'd say that you'll see about 30% in tuxes, 50% in dark suits and the balance in sport jackets and slacks. Formal nights on Norway are classy, so come prepared to dress nicely and knock 'em dead. You'll love it, I'm sure.
Jack
Old February 11th, 2003, 09:05 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Dan Tobey

Hello Kay;
Bring something that you would wear to a nice wedding. You'll see it all but you'll want to be dressed nicely. Men who have tuxes should bring them. If they don't have a tux, a black or dark suit is fine. I have often dressed up a balck suit with a formal shirt and tie. Formal shirts can be bought cheaply in discount stores and a black bow tie or balck satin tie really dresses up the suit.
Make sure you go to dinner at Le Bistro, the food and service are worth the extra charge. Enjoy your cruise on the Norway.
Dan
Old February 11th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Marrianne

Default Re: Re: Formal Wear on the Norway

If you are with someone who would rather not do the formal dining, are there alternatives, like room service or places to eat a late lunch??

Is there a cost for room service??

Old February 11th, 2003, 03:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to linda t
Default Re: Re: Re: Formal Wear on the Norway

Marrianne,
They do have free room service. There isn't much on it tho, sandwiches, a soup, pizza, fruit and a dessert plate. I have heard that you can call and order anything off the dinner menu and have it sent to your room. I've never tried to so I'm not sure if thats true or not. You can also get light foods in the Sports bar at night. If you order room service, make sure you tip the delivery guy a few bucks. Have a great cruise.
Old February 21st, 2003, 10:45 PM
JeannieNY

Here's what I did for the 2 different nights & I think I looked just as "fancy" as anyone else. I wore a very plain short black cocktail type dress for the 1st night and a plain black cotton sheath dress for the 2nd. I dressed them both up with some really pretty accessories--fancier jewelry, shoes and a chiffon shawl. For me, I was alot more comfortable spending the whole night this way than if I wore long dresses, and it was alot easier to pack!
Old February 22nd, 2003, 11:27 AM
Christy

Default Re: Re: Formal Wear on the Norway

We are going on the Norway on March 2nd.
My husband will be his Military Dress (Mess Dress), and I am wearing a vintage 60's evening gown one night, then a simpler black and white long sheath the other night.

Christy
Old February 22nd, 2003, 05:52 PM
First Mate

we wore nice dressy gowns for the meet the captain dinner & then wore just a nice pantsuit for the end of cruise dinner.....it is pretty semi-formal actually but some people do quite the dress up thing....it is really up to you but take 2 good outfits!!