Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2003, 04:25 AM
Passenger

Default Norwegian Star - Spa Overcharge

I loved the cruise overall but the spa billing policies left such a bitter taste in my mouth that I hesitate to recommend the ship. In my case I signed up for some spa specials at boarding time and when I checked my charges later I discovered that I had been overcharged. I asked about this at the spa and was treated coldly and answered with statements like "it was all explained in the room...didn't you read it.?" and similar answers. Apparently, there is a 15% charge added on to any spa treatment and then on top of that there are port taxes and sales taxes. The net result is that the treatments actually cost 25-50% more than originally quoted. This might not sound like much if you only intend on 1 massage but I had booked specials that included facials and body wraps for my wife and a 3 massage package for myself. My spa bill was over $600 after all the taxes and charges when the quoted price was $420. Additionally, the further up the management chain I went with my complaint the more coldly and rudely I was treated. Anyone with similar experiences? I can't help but feel that this policy of hiding charges is on purpose by the way complaints are handled.
Sponsored Links