CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Norwegian Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/)
-   -   NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/norwegian-cruise-lines/217478-ncl-dawn-4-19-03-anyone-sailing-us.html)

Liz February 21st, 2003 07:54 AM

NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us?

Taking my 12 year old for spring break- anyone coming with us? Especially those with pre-teens and teens?

akfuu March 30th, 2003 07:46 PM

Re: NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us?

Ill be there.. but i dont have kids. hehe.. but the teen activities look awsome..

NJJoe March 31st, 2003 12:32 AM

Hi Liz,
My family and I will be sailing on the Dawn on April 19th... My son (12 yrs old) cant wait. We sailed on the Sky last year and had a great time.

CS April 2nd, 2003 04:15 PM

My 14 year old daughter and her friend will be sailing...we all are so excited!

bookreaderjane April 3rd, 2003 12:48 PM

Re: Re: NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us?

I'm thinking those of us without kids may be in the minority as this will be spring break for so many grade schools. We are four older ladies - my mother,my sisters and myself. We'll have a grand time, I'm certain. Luckily we love seeing the kids have fun - we've all had them. I only wish my teenage son could go, but we're leaving all the men behind this trip.
Jane
NCL Dawn 4/03
HAL Ryndam 6/01

bookreaderjane April 3rd, 2003 02:41 PM

Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us?

By the way, we don't have our docs yet. Have any of you received them?
Jane

Liz April 4th, 2003 07:45 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us?

Finally some people sailing with us! NJJoe, where are you from? Mt. Holly, NJ here! My son is happy to hear about another 12 year old on the cruise! I'm sure they'll meet at the Kid's Club.

Bookreaderjane, we got our docs about 2 weeks ago.

Anyone book excursions on the ship??

bookreaderjane April 4th, 2003 08:50 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us

Whew! Our TA e-mailed that the docs are on their way. Delayed because we were upgraded. Nasty weather here in NH makes me anxious for this vacation to come!

Jane
HAL Ryndam
NCL Dawn

NJJoe April 5th, 2003 12:48 AM

Liz,
Were from Old Bridge, NJ.. Not all thar far from you. Is this your sons first cruise? Where is your cabin. Mine is 9738, rear of the ship with a balcony.

Bookreaderjane - How did you get the upgrade?? Did you ask for it? I booked my cruise a year ago and told my TA i should get an upgrade because I paid top dollar!!! She checked twice for me and NCL said there are none available.

Liz April 5th, 2003 07:57 AM

Jane: I can only imagine how relieved you are! The weather here in southern NJ is also far from ideal- chilly and rainy. Vacation can't come soon enough!

Joe: We don't know what cabin we're in yet- we booked last minute as a Guarantee Oceanview. So, I guess we'll be surprised when we embark. This is my son's 2nd cruise- and my 5th.

We booked 3 excursions- really looking forward to the "Mountain to Sea Bike Adventure" in San Juan. Who has all their shopping done???

janegl2000 April 5th, 2003 11:05 PM

NJJoe,

I have bumped up the message I posted about how I did this. Look under "Free Upgrade to AE Dawn Penthouse." Hop this helps

Jane

NJJoe April 17th, 2003 07:52 AM

Hi.. Some of us April 19th Dawn cruisers are meeting on Sunday at 2:30 by the pool bar shallow end..... Join us!!

Liz April 17th, 2003 08:52 AM

Sounds good, Joe! I was wondering if anyone was going to have a get together. It'll be nice to meet!

bookreaderjane April 17th, 2003 05:53 PM

I'll try to be there! It would be nice to get to know a few friendly faces. How do we identify each other?

I'm flying out tomorrow a.m. - Delta has online check-in so I was able to print out my boarding passes in advance. Now I have to go rearrange my packing ---- again!

Jane
NCL Dawn 4/19/03 On the final Dawn Eastern Caribbean itinerary
HAL 6/01 Alaska

Liz April 18th, 2003 10:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us?

Jane:

My son and I are also not leaving until tomorrow morning. Since we're both flying Delta, you'll be stopping in ATL, right? Our flight # from ATL to MIA is 1151- by any chance, are you on our flight?

As far as knowing who we are at the get together on Sunday- that's a toughie. At least I can tell you what I look like- and vice versa. I'm 5'6"- short blonde hair, glasses. I'll be wearing a bright orange Nike bikini- and hopefully reclining on a chaise with a frozen drink in my hand!!! And you??

I think I have everything- have shopped enough! Here's to a week of sunshine and pure bliss!!!

NJJoe April 27th, 2003 10:08 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us?

Liz,
Some of us met at the Topsiders bar. Where were you???

bookreaderjane May 2nd, 2003 03:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NCL Dawn 4/19/03- anyone sailing with us

Liz,
I am so sorry to miss you all. I was very busy with my mother and sisters and just didn't make it. I hope you had a great trip.

Jane

Liz May 5th, 2003 08:42 AM

I was on a lounger by the pool! I can't believe I missed the get together. Not sure, but I think Los Fuegos Latinos were playing poolside- they were just fantastic, and couldn't tear myself away!

Joe, I think my son Tyler met your son! Tyler went to Kid's Club every night, and I believe he mentioned meeting a fellow 12 year old from Old Bridge. He also hung with a boy from Toms River. He had a blast- and keeps in touch with the boys via email.

Liz

NJJoe May 6th, 2003 11:58 AM

Liz,

Yes, my son did mention your son. There was another boy from Old Bridge, but he did not 'hang out' much. My son mentioned Tyler to me!!!