Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2003, 06:05 PM
Beginner

Default Orient Beach

The girlfriend and I will be traveling on the Norway in a couple of months. We are considering heading over to Orient Beach to do the "naturalist" kinda thing for the day. Any body done this? What are the people like on that end of the Island? Any problems getting a taxi from one side of the island to the other? How much was it?

And I gotta ask... did you go full monty or is it scarier than you thought it would be?...
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2003, 11:34 AM
Christy

Default Re: Orient Beach

I am going there, but not going bare....

Christy
Old February 23rd, 2003, 10:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Orient Beach

My girlfiend wanted to go to Orient Beach when we cruised back in 96, I was very reluctant! So we made a bet, if I went au'natural she would pay the bar bill for the cruise. How could I resist that! When we docked in St. Martin we rented a jeep (very cheap about $45 for the day) and set out to explore the island. The island is small enough you can do it in the time you are there, we even made many stops at various beaches and shops. We came upon Orient beach, pulled into the huge parking lot, there were tons of people and flea market types of stands. The beach was so crowded, I thought NO WAY. Then I noticed everyone had clothes on, a few topless, I must say I was very dissapointed. So we started walking further down the beach trying to find a spot that wasn't so crowded, as the crowd began to thin, I started noticing more flesh :-) Then we came to a sign that had a NO CAMERA insignia on it. There weren't many people at all and YES they had nothing on. What suprised me the most, there weren't any young people, there were mainly older couples and families. We paid a gentleman at this hut about $4 for two beach chairs. The beach was beautiful! Now the hard part, oh boy, I thought, I don't think I can do this. My girlfriend had no problem, bing bam boom, there she was layed out naked. So the presure was on, as I layed down on my beach chair, I scooted down my swim trunks and thought cool no problem. Then she told me to walk up to this bar and get us a couple of beers, I procrastinated for awhile, but I was thirsty. So I did it, won the bet :-) I must say, there is nothing like swimming in the carribean sea with nothing on, especially with someone you love!

Oh, we were on this cruise with my sister and brother-in-law, guess who came walking down the beach(fully clothed)? I never got dressed so fast in my life!

Sorry for the long reply!
Old February 23rd, 2003, 05:32 PM
evie

Default Re: Re: Orient Beach

Hey~
How difficult was it to drive there (winding roads, etc?) Do you think it is possible to get a cab to Orient Beach from Phillipsburg? About how much would you estimate the fare to be? Thanks!