Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2003, 02:57 PM
BenJil

Default Dawn Upgrades..

Travelocity and NCL is trying to squeeze some more cash out of me. I am already booked in a BA balcony on the 10th deck. They now wanna upgrade me to an AF suite on the 11th deck for $300 bucks more total. Anybody know the difference on these two? Is it worth it??? The suites are supposed to come with concierge and butler service. Do we really need this?? I see that the 11th deck is just below alot of foot traffic. Restaurants and the pool. And just to let you know, the room I already have is selling for almost $700 cheaper than when I booked it. I guess your suppposed to wait until at least a month or so before booking. Oh well, next time.
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2003, 04:24 PM
tokathy

Default Re: Dawn Upgrades..

I noticed on some of the travel sites & the NCL site that they are sold out of "BA" category cabins on certain sailings (like ours on 4/5/03) and if you check the box to choose a "BA" they give you a choice of the AF cabins for the same price......since you indicated you already paid more than you would pay if you booked now they should upgrade you to AF......tell NCL this info if you want the upgrade. The cabin is larger, but does not include butler service (only concierge) and you are correct about many AF's being under the noisy pool/busy high traffic areas.....In my opinion if they offer you an AF way forward you will be under a few quiet rooms (card room, etc)...then I'd trade up, otherwise I'd stay on deck 10.............
Old March 4th, 2003, 07:47 AM
osouthcat

Hi,
We just returned from the Dawn 2/22/03 and if I had the opporunity to upgrade to the mini suites for $300.00 I would of been more than happy to do it. I found our Balcony 10th level very cramped. I did peek into the mini suite and the difference I would of appreciated.
Old March 12th, 2003, 08:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Dan Tobey

NCL will do little or nothing to get you a free upgarde. Most of the cruise lines today are offering great deals witin a month or so of sailing. Those who booked at higher prices and through on line agents are stuck with those higher fares. The only line that gave me a refund after I found lower price was Celebrity. Though I liked NCL's Dawn and Norway and would sail them again, their customer srvice and on board service is not that of the upscale lines. If you have neve had the truely deluxe service of some of the other upscale lines then NLC is great. I am not knocking NCL but just telliing it like it is. Cunard's Caronia is my favorite ship for food and deluxe service, but got bad service on the QE2 when booked in a Penthouse Suite, go figure.