Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2003, 02:54 PM
el henry

Default dawn cabins? asian restaurant?

We are considering booking on the Dawn and I have a question about cabin location. We are looking at the BA cabins and I see that as well as on both sides of the ship, there are two on the back of the ship (don't confuse me with bow and aft, starboard and port -- after five cruises, I still don't know the lingo<G>). Would anyone recommend the "back" of the ship, or do you see nothing but the wake? And of the sides, which side? (we were very lucky on Celebrity's Constellation a year ago in Europe, and ended up on the side that faced the port every time it docked. That was sheer luck). Of course, any particular cabin recommendations gratefully accepted...

unrelated question -- is the Asian restaurant only Japanese? I am quite fond of Thai and Chinese, but could do without Japanese...

thanks in advance,
el henry
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2003, 08:28 PM
Passenger

Default Re: dawn cabins? asian restaurant?

We are going on the Dawn in April and I've been reading all about it. The Asian restaurant is three-in-one: a sushi bar, Teppanyaki (Japanese grill), and Bamboo, which has supposedly a combination of Chinese, Japanese and Thai food. I've read recommendations for the Peking duck there. See
http://www.magwa.co.uk/dawn/ndawnphoto.htm - at the bottom are links to menus at the 5 specialty restaurants on the Dawn (at bottom of page).
Jane
Old March 9th, 2003, 01:34 PM
marg

Default Re: Re: dawn cabins? asian restaurant?

hi!!!!my name is margaret ,we are ging on the dawn aug 17 with our 9rs old.i reand your web page .my daughter finally got to see the pool area!!!!!you guys are very organized!!!!!!!!please tell me more about the res. ship . on other stuff !!!!!you seem to have alot of knolege//?????thats ps did you make resvastions on the ship or before .and what ones should we go to ?????please advise???thanks margaret