Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 10th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Marvie

Default NCL Star - REAL Cress Code

Our first time on NCL coming in May to Hawaii. We've done Celebrity, RCL, and Carnival in the past. I know the dress code is never more than "casual," but what does that mean in real terms? What do the women, especially, wear in the evenings to dinner?
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2003, 03:29 PM
loua

Default Re: NCL Star - REAL Cress Code

Returned from an NCL Star cruise on 1/26....the dress code is NOT FORMAL...I'd call it dressy casual wear....In the evening, men wear either sport jackets or shirts with collars...women for the most part wore dresses for dinner....Your in Hawaii ..the word is RELAX....less to carry also...ENJOY
Old April 28th, 2003, 09:07 PM
Delores

Default Re: NCL Star - REAL Cress Code

Marvie, Having read some not so good reports on NCL Star, I hope you'll report in after your cruise. We have some friends in their 70's thinking of going on this one next fall. This would be their 3rd cruise, & she is pretty picky. Maybe someone that has recently been on it could give us their thoughts??
Old April 30th, 2003, 03:17 PM
loua

Default Re: Re: NCL Star - REAL Cress Code

Dolores....I posted a review upon my return (Feb 03)....just go to SHIP REVIEWS ....Overall though , I'd say it was OK...This ship is beautiful...and while I would not put it in a class of Princess or Holland AMerica...its OK for the price..Service & food could have been better..The premium restuarants are good to very good...the standard restuarants are just OK...